Cedarview Communications Limited seeks to fill the above position with suitable and qualified persons.
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hotfixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within the established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval, and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
- Establish the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation and defining, documenting and enforcing system standards
- Design and implement new solutions and improve the resilience of the current environment
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimization
- Undertake data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments using information from multiple sources
- Secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access
- Upgrade data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases
- Configure routing and switching equipment, hosted IP voice services and firewalls
- Provide remote support to on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation
- Provide remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues occur upon initial installation
- Undertake capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within data centres.
- Proven hands-on network engineering experience
- CCNA or CCNP
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Degree in Computer Engineering or a related subject.
- Good team spirit, able to work well in a team of engineers
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Analytical and problem-solving expertise.
- This position is in Lagos. Candidates MUST reside within Victoria Island, Lekki and Ajah axis