A reputable school in Abuja is seeking team players to take their school to the next level in the areas of art, science, music, humanities, early years and health.
- Administers And Develops subject specific assessments for the purpose of assessing student competency levels and/or developing individual learning plans.
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations; student's achievements; developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Assesses student progress towards learning targets, objectives, expectations, and/or goals for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration.
- Collaborates with instructional staff, other school personnel, parents and a variety of community resources for the purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes, achieving established classroom objectives in support of the school improvement plan.
- Counsels students for the purpose of improving performance, health status, appropriate behavior, problem solving techniques and a variety of personal issues.
- Demonstrates And Differentiates methods required to perform classroom and/or subject specific assignments for the purpose of providing an effective program that addressing individual student requirements.
- Directs assistant teachers, student teachers, instructional assistants, volunteers and/or student workers for the purpose of providing an effective classroom programme and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Instructs students for the purpose of improving their success in academics through a defined course of study.
- Manages student behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Monitors students in a variety of educational environments (eg classroom, outdoors, playground, school grounds, hallways, restrooms, field trips, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Leads or Participates in a variety of meetings and professional development activities for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions and to improve student achievement.
- Prepares a variety of written materials (eg grades, lesson plans, etc, following scope and sequence, correspondence with parents and students, examinations and quizes, attendance, anecdotal records, etc) for the purpose of documenting student progress and meeting mandated requirements.
- Reports incidents (e.g. fights, suspected child abuse, suspected substance abuse, suspected verbal abuse, harassment, zero tolerance offenses etc) for the purpose of maintaining personal safety of students, providing a positive learning environment and adhering to state law and board policies.
- For the teacher's position is a minimum of BEd/BSc(Ed)/BSc, PGDE, NTI or NCE qualifications.
- Having extra-curricula skills (swimming, taekwondo, chess) would be an advantage.
Interested candidates should send CVs