Bradfield Consulting Limited - Our client, a leading private Educational Institution with a group of schools comprising of Nursery and Primary Schools and Secondary Schools in Lagos.
- We are seeking experienced, passionate and result-oriented music educators who will deliver constructive and informative lesson plans that will engage students ensuring the standards across all year groups are met.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Planning and preparing lessons in relation to individual pupils' needs and examination syllabuses.
- Teaching music theory, aural skills and practical techniques to pupils/students.
- Teach music courses to students/pupils including voice, tone, tempo and rhythm skills.
- Develop and foster the appropriate skills and social abilities to enable the optimum development of children, according to age, ability, and aptitude.
- Link pupils' knowledge of earlier learning and develop ways to encourage it further, and challenge and inspire pupils to help them deepen their knowledge and understanding.
- Train, rehearse and lead students in school and community musical programs.
- Conduct music classes according to in line with the rules and regulations established by the Board of education.
- Develop and maintain an effective music education program for students.
- Collaborate with school administration/management in setting up an effective musical program for civic functions and school productions.
- Understand the potentials and skills of each student and guide individual student according to their skills.
- Maintain student behavioral standards to ensure productive and disciplined environment during group rehearsals, practices, and performances.
Skills and Proficiencies
The prospect must demonstrate:
- Leadership and effective supervision skills
- Performance evaluation skills.
- Passionate & result-oriented.
- Team building skills.
- Determination and perseverance
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal.
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- Candidates must possess a first Degree in Music.
- A Postgraduate Diploma in Education for non-education degree holders is a big plus.
- Music teaching experience in a reputable institution.
- Must have taught in a school as a Music Teacher
- Must be able to play at least 4 (four) musical instrument and majorly a keyboard.
- Must be well versed in Music.