Adam Smith International is an award-winning global company that delivers impact, value and lasting change through economic growth and government reform. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments. Adam Smith International has a strong corporate presence globally, with 146 current projects across 49 countries and over 1,000 staff and associates. Headquartered in London, our regional offices are based in Africa (Nairobi, Abuja and Pretoria), Asia Pacific (Sydney) and South Asia (Delhi), with numerous registered offices across Africa and Asia.
- Mafita is a large-scale, six-year youth employment programme operating in Nigeria’s northern states, funded by DFID and implemented by Adam Smith International. Through a combination of innovative skills development and job creation interventions, Mafita will support over 60,000 marginalised young people to find employment or become entrepreneurs by 2021.
- Within the above scope, Mafita is mandated to support the economic empowerment of Northern Nigerian women, whose economic disenfranchisement has direct and adverse impacts on the country’s economic prosperity and development at the national, regional and community levels. Through its work, Mafita seeks to support women to access economic resources both directly by supporting women’s entrepreneurship, employment and access to finance, and indirectly by creating a more enabling environment for women.
Areas of Responsibility
- The MRM system will be required to effectively prove the project’s impact, as well as generating the right information to continually improve the way the project operates.
- Coordinate the collection of data and information to be compiled for various reporting requirements and regular aggregated overviews.
- Help to ensure the MRM system is operational in all programme states, and take action where necessary to ensure it is running properly.
- Support in the maintenance of the programme’s knowledge management system; specifically, set-up and maintain the MRM file-storage system.
- Support communication efforts and support the drafting of communication material (where necessary).
- Develop (and improve on) baselines and survey designs: the data from which will be used for making decisions on closure, parking, continuation and scale up of interventions.
- Undertake validation of data arising from the implementation of the Measurement Plans to verify that the results conform to “best practice”.
- Undertake aggregation of the results of all interventions into a tracking sheet, for use by both project management and DFID.
- Track an internal assessment of risk for each project/intervention.
- Carry out evaluations, impact assessments, and develop case studies on both successful and unsuccessful interventions that document and analyse what happened, what was achieved and what lessons can be drawn from this experience.
- Assist the MRM Manager in preparing all documentation for and in orientating project teams on DCED audits and ‘mock’ audits.
- Monitor and provide recommendations for the collection of key data such as attendance and similar.
- Collaborate and assist with Mafita's third party impact evaluators as required.
- Ensure full compliance of Mafita SharePoint usage guidelines.
- Support your unit in ensuring information / data generated is compiled accurately and uploaded to appropriate folder in SharePoint.
- Reporting - You will also be required to adhere to all reporting requirements (both scheduled and ad hoc) regarding your team as communicated to you by the Project Management Unit (PMU).
- Meeting deadlines on all assigned tasks.
- A minimum of a Master's degree in Development Studies, Statistics, Political Science, Public Policy, or another relevant technical subject.
- Strong analytical skills, ideally with experience in data quality assessments, statistical methods and performance monitoring and reporting.
- Excellent team work, inter-personal skills, verbal and written communication, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to ensure the timely delivery of quality reports and other deliverables related to MRM and performance management.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to summarize disparate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent research and data collection methodology skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, to balance competing priorities.
- A high level of attention to detail
- Professional fluency in English, written and spoken.
- This position will be based in Kano, Nigeria with possible travel to Jigawa, Kaduna and Katsina states.