- Provide a nurturing and stimulating environment to facilitate children’s growth, exploration and participation.
- Maintain a clean and safe classroom environment for children.
- Coordinate with other teachers to develop lesson plans for children to develop their social, emotional, physical and intellectual skills.
- Observe the child and interpret the child’s needs.
- Treat all children unconditionally and with same importance level.
- Coordinate regular communication with parents regarding their children’s progress.
- Supervise and manage children both inside and outside the classroom.
- Monitor and track children progress on regular basis.
- Knowledge of methods of observation and measurements.
- Knowledge of the rules of classroom management.
- Must hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or a post-graduate degree in Education from an accredited college or university.
- Need to be registered with the Teacher’s Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN)
- Demonstrate the ability to teach students well at the specified grade level.
- Demonstrate a proficient level of computer literacy, having a basic proficiency in doing word processing, creating and using a spreadsheet, e-mailing, and accessing the Internet
- Possess evidence of other adequate preparation, background, or experience as determined by the school administrator.
- The ideal candidate should live on the Island.