AThe Montessori Directress is a guide who helps direct his/her students’ activities academically, spiritually, emotionally, and physically in a prepared Montessori environment that challenges each child to reach his/her fullest potential in these developmental areas, in accordance with Montessori philosophy and procedures for the age group in which a Montessori diploma is held.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Must hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or a post-graduate degree in Education from an accredited college or university.
- Need to be registered with the Teacher’s Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN)
- Demonstrate the ability to teach students well at the specified grade level.
- Demonstrate a proficient level of computer literacy, having a basic proficiency in doing word
- processing, creating and using a spreadsheet, e-mailing, and accessing the Internet.
- Possess evidence of other adequate preparation, background, or experience as determined by the school administrator.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in this field.
- Must have worked in a school that uses the International Curriculum
Key Competencies: Knowledge, skills and personal attributes
- Knowledge of Montessori philosophy and methods of instruction.
- Knowledge of child growth/development and child behavior characteristics.
- Knowledge of safety practices in classroom and playground activities.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Knowledge of First aid and CPR applications/techniques.
- Knowledge of the theories/stages of human development, milestones and behavioral norms.
- Great interest in education and working with children
- Sufficient knowledge of learning differences and developmental delays, in order to understand fully the specific needs of the child.
- Knowledge of methods of observation and measurements.
- Knowledge of the rules of classroom management.
- Salary: Two hundred thousand naira