A reputable Christian educational institution seeks to fill the above position with suitable and qualified persons.
- Provide a nurturing and stimulating environment to facilitate children’s growth, exploration and participation.
- Maintain a clean and safe classroom environment for children.
- Coordinate with other teachers to develop lesson plans for children to develop their social, emotional, physical and intellectual skills.
- Observe the child and interpret the child’s needs.
- Treat all children unconditionally and with same importance level.
- Coordinate regular communication with parents regarding their children’s progress.
- Supervise and manage children both inside and outside the classroom.
- Monitor and track children progress on regular basis.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Must hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or a post-graduate degree in Education from an accredited college or university.
- Need to be registered with the Teacher’s Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN)
- Demonstrate the ability to teach students well at the specified grade level.
- Demonstrate a proficient level of computer literacy, having a basic proficiency in doing word processing, creating and using a spreadsheet, e-mailing, and accessing the Internet.
- Possess evidence of other adequate preparation, background, or experience as determined by the school administrator.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in this field.
- Must have worked in a school that uses the International Curriculum
Key Competencies: Knowledge, skills and personal attributes
- Knowledge of Montessori philosophy and methods of instruction.
- Knowledge of child growth/development and child behaviour characteristics.
- Knowledge of safety practices in classroom and playground activities.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Knowledge of First aid and CPR applications/techniques.
- Knowledge of the theories/stages of human development, milestones and behavioural norms.
- Great interest in education and working with children
- Sufficient knowledge of learning differences and developmental delays, in order to understand fully the specific needs of the child.
- Knowledge of methods of observation and measurements.
- Knowledge of the rules of classroom management.