Our client, a reputable Montessori School has given us the task to source Elementary Teachers who are very passionate about children and believe that they have been “called” to “teach”. She should be extremely comfortable to direct children in a Christian school environment. She should also be self-motivated to use initiative and excellent communication skills.
The client's school is located in Lekki Phase 1, Lagos State. Applicants should reside in areas within close proximity to this location.
The Elementary Directress is a guide who helps direct her students’ development and activities across all domains of development in accordance with biblical and Montessori principles for the age group in which they are assigned.
- She will be expected to be:
- Highly intelligent
- Experienced with/passionate about children
- Well organized
- Creative with leadership qualities
- Must hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in education or a post-graduate degree in Education from an accredited college or university if the Bachelor’s degree is not in education.
- Must have 2-3 years working experience in a structured organization.
Personal Attributes Required
- Maintain high standards of ethics, honesty, and integrity, in attitude, speech, and actions toward others in personal and professional matters.
- Has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Christian philosophy of education, and the role of education in nation building, and is therefore able to identify with and find fulfillment to educate the total child for God and for humanity.
- Has a conviction that God has called him/her to Christian school ministry.
- Exhibits the ability to learn, form concepts, understand and reason (including the capacities to recognize patters, comprehend ideas, plan, solve problems and use language with clear diction to communicate.
- Exhibits high Executive Function. Executive function is a set of mental skills that help people get things done. They help you: manage time to meet deadlines, create/maintain systems to organize information, create plans to achieve a goal, be persistent in accomplishing the set goals, and revise those plans in the face of obstacles/new information/mistakes. These skills also include the ability to self-regulate, use initiative and meets every day stress with emotional stability, objectivity, and optimism.
- Is creative, exhibiting the ability to generate a fluency of productive ideas. This ability allows a teacher to spontaneously generate ideas for lessons, identify opportunities and resources in the environment to meet learning objectives, and adapt teaching to the emerging needs of the children in his/her class.
- Is curious, being interested naturally and enthusiastic in seeking out new ideas and insights and therefore able to drive her own development and that of the school.
- Is an excellent communicator able to express, receive and utilize information and ideas orally and in writing in order to foster pleasing and fruitful communication with relevant audiences (children, staff and parents).
- Has a wealth of information and knowledge of subject matter concepts and socio-cultural issues locally and globally to be a good resource to the children she teaches.
- Is confident and exudes same in interactions with others, particularly existing and prospective families.
- Her non-verbal communication (including appearance, confidence, body language) reflects grace, good etiquette and courtesy.
- Has good stamina, exhibiting the ability to lift a child without getting winded, ability to transition from standing to sitting continuously for a whole day, ability to move quickly.
- Has good eyesight and peripheral vision, thus being able to see most of her classroom and the children’s activities even while focused on an activity or child.
- Demonstrate a proficient level of comfort with technology and computer literacy, having a basic proficiency in the use of digital tools for document processing, planning, keeping records and communicating with others.
- Must have the ability to work effectively and communicate clearly with children.
- Must have an extremely good command of both spoken and written English Language.
- Must be genuinely passionate about Children and believe teaching is in alignment with her purpose/calling.
Please note that the school is located in Lekki Phase 1, Lagos State, Nigeria. We are unable to provide accommodation opportunities. Only applicants who reside within areas of direct access to school location may apply.