Our client, a reputable Montessori School has given us the task to source a Montessori Assistant French Teacher who speaks French fluently and can deliver French classes to children in a Montessori learning environment. Someone who is young at heart, called to teach and genuinely loves children.
The Montessori school is located in Lekki Phase 1, Lagos State.
The French Montessori Assistant Teacher will assist the Montessori Directress in educating and enhancing the lives of students in order to produce faithful, loving , serving Christ-centered students who are empowered to engage their world. The French program that the Assistant teacher will focus on is for students aged 3 to 12 years old.
- Research the educational needs of our target audience and current trends in informal learning environments on a continuous basis.
- Build relationships with private and public educational institutions to determine educational programming.
- Develop and implement innovative, high quality and fun, educational programs and events that are child based, accessible to a wide audience, and reflect the mission of the Children’s Museum.
- Develop and implement an annual calendar of programs and events to deliver the museum’s mission.
- Provide leadership to Visitor Experience staff and volunteers (training, scheduling and supervision).
- Work with exhibit creators to deliver the educational programs, either by outright purchase or through supervision of exhibit designers.
- Evaluate guest experience to determine and improve programs and events.
- Supervision and Monitoring of students’ engagement with learning in all areas of the classroom and all domains of development, across a variety of activities & situations.
- Supervising and monitoring students’ work: accuracy of classwork and homework, portfolios, projects, presentations, binders, notebooks and all other forms of work.
- Assisting the classroom directress and students with preparing the learning environment: resourcing, organization, beautification, safety, cleanliness and comfort.
- Assisting in planning engaging activities for students and the school.
- Assisting in observation of students, record keeping, and report generation.
- Conversing with the children Only in French At All Times and In All Situations.
- Providing direct instruction in aural comprehension, speaking, spelling, writing and reading in French, utilizing the school’s approved curriculum.
- Providing individual, small group and large group instruction according to the needs of the pupils.
- Evaluating each pupil's progress in aural comprehension, speaking, spelling, writing and reading in French and preparing progress reports.
- Assisting in maintaining positive relationships with other members of the community (staff and parents).
- Collaborating with colleagues and the school’s leadership in the design and implementation of innovation within the context of the school’s overall purpose and vision.
- Initiating growth and change in his/her spiritual, intellectual and professional development.
- Taking responsibility to stay conscious of the big picture (For God and Humanity) in the execution of daily activities
Education: Minimum of Bachelors Degree in the French Language
Native French speaker with a Bachelors degree in Education
Minimum of 2 years teaching experience.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of the Montessori philosophy and methods of instruction.
- Knowledge of spiritual, cognitive, academic, social and physical development in the 3-12-year-old.
- Knowledge of proper French grammar and spelling.
- Knowledge of Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Statistics and their applications.
- Knowledge of historical events and their causes, indicators, and effects on civilizations and cultures.
- Knowledge of science, geography and their applications in real life situations
- Knowledge of Information and Communication Technology and their applications.
- Knowledge of safety standards and policies/measures.
- Knowledge of First Aid measures/procedures.
- Knowledge of the rules of classroom management.
- Understand the importance of a small school and be willing to put forth extra effort as the school begins to grow and change. Flexibility is key
Only short-listed candidates who meet specified requirements will be contacted