Support the INTERSOS program in developing new projects by providing required secondary data on the context and thematic areas, learning from previous projects, and primary data from
Monitoring, Implementation & Reporting
- Ensure all approved projects have the following by the start of the project: INTERSOS standard log-frame, M&E plan with defined indicators, M&E calendar, Indicator tracking table (ITT),
- Detailed implementation plan (DIP), field level data collection tools, mobile data collection tools, and databases for collection, consolidation and reporting.
- Ensure partners are trained on the M&E and reporting requirements, and core humanitarian standards.
- Ensure INTERSOS’s frontline and technical staff are knowledgeable on technical aspects related to M&E, tools and quality standards and are able to comply.
- When baselines are run by external parties (external to INTERSOS), develop ToR according to
- INTERSOS quality standards and donor requirements, oversee the entire process and ensure quality of all deliverables.
- Ensure all INTERSOS projects (direct & partner implemented) have baselines for outcome level indicators.
- Ensure project level ITT are updated with accurate data on a monthly basis and key findings are shared with management at the program review meetings.
- Ensure partner & direct implementation is monitored on a regular basis for quality standards, and humanitarian principles through schedule visits, data quality audits, spot check /
- verification visits against reports, and reports reviews (as per agreed schedule with donors and partnership).
- Ensure the effective functioning of the M&E system and that the outputs of this system reach INTERSOS management and other stakeholder on an accurate and timely
Project closeout, Evaluations, & learning
- Ensure Learning events are conducted for direct & partner implemented projects before the closure of the project in order to document learnings and best practice for future programs.
- Ensure an end-line measurement of the outcome level indicators is conducted to understand the change INTERSOS programs contributed to.
- If required by the donor, ensure to lead / coordinate the end of project evaluation process in alignment with INTERSOS & Humanitarian standards.
- When end line evaluations are run by external parties (external to INTERSOS), develop ToR according to INTERSOS quality standards and donor requirements, oversee the entire process
- and ensure quality of all deliverables.
- Ensure key findings from the measurement processes (end-lines & evaluations) are shared with INTERSOS management and external entities.
- Ensure all M&E data, reports, and records are clearly organized archived in a central location for future reference.
Quality assurance, coordination, capacity building & management
- Ensure INTERSOS is well represented in M&E related working groups and forums both at local and national level.
- Ensure INTERSOS, and Core Humanitarian principles are upheld in all aspects of the M&E function.
- Ensure all M&E staff supervised by this position are guided, mentored and their capacities built in order to deliver high quality outputs.
- Ensure partner capacity is built to comply and produce high quality M&E products in-line with INTERSOS & donor standards & requirements.
- Ensure management of day-to-day M&E tasks are completed with appropriate resources, proper planning and to the highest standard required.
- Support other tasks as required by the HoM and HoB.
- Develop/adapt contextually appropriate accountability tools and systems to enable response staff to better include communities in program planning, implementation and monitoring
- Ensure information sharing, Consultation, Participation & Complaints and response of affected people is being conducted by MEAL Officers
- Build the capacity of, support MEAL Officers, and review accountability reports generated and share critical information with management for action planning
- Participate in inter-agency coordination mechanisms on accountability, share learning and tools with other agencies and use experience of other agencies to improve INTERSOS
- accountability plans and practices
Provide in-country technical leadership and support for monitoring and evaluation and knowledge management through the management and supervision of a M&E team
composed of M&E Officers, data entry officers and assistants.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant professional experience of three (3) years, preferably in emergency and/or development context;
- Prior experience working in M&E
- Prior experience or familiarity with NGO sector would be an advantage;
- Familiarity with international M&E policies procedures and tools is an distinct advantage.
- Good spoken and written English and relevant computer skills.
- A high respect to client/organization confidentiality.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and respect for people with special needs and other vulnerability.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
- Experience in management of a team;
- Excellent analysis and reporting skills;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Punctuality and respect for applicable rules and procedures;
- Ethical and transparent decision-making;
- High regard toward preserving confidentiality of work-related information and data;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of local communities and customary rules;
- Independent work, i.e. with minimal supervision and under pressure;
- Self-motivation, goal/result-orientation and team work;
- Flexibility, creativeness, tolerance and maturity.
- Computer/IT literacy (OS Windows/Vista/Linux, MS Office, Internet etc.);
Languages: Spoken and written English, knowledge of a Local language is appreciated.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced university degree would be an asset.
- Report writing skills.
- Experience of work in the UN or NGO or voluntary sector is preferred but not essential
For any sort of field / official visit, travel to & from will responsibility of INTERSOS including food
allowance but travelling from home to duty station will be staff own responsibility (in some cases
facilitation could be provided as per urgency)
Other Terms & Condition will be part of Job Contract;