Pact is an international non-governmental organization with headquarters in Washington DC, USA. Pact has been in Nigeria since 2005, and currently implements donor-funded development projects in 4 States in the area of Health, integrating livelihoods, capacity development, and governance systems.
- The MEL Officer provides strategic guidance, vision, and management for successful monitoring and evaluation of the program.
- This individual also supervises MEL staff and ensures the strategic and functional integration of all MEL activities as well as active collaboration with sub-awardees and USAID.
- The Officer oversees all MEL activities, provides technical direction and support, and ensures the accurate reporting of results for program activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively participate in the development and review of all routinely generated field level reports, with the emphasis being on analyzing and describing program results.
- Participate in program planning and implementation, contributing to work plans and M&E plans.
- Provide inputs into trainings and workshops, particularly around measuring output level data.
- Facilitate trainings and workshops, particularly those focusing on developing the capacity of partner’s skills and abilities in monitoring and evaluation.
- Work closely with partners to establish their internal MER systems, M&E plans, and data quality management.
- Support the implementation of program’s MER systems, including establishing and updating the project’s database.
- Prepare monthly internal reports, including analysis of data, and contribute towards regular donor reports.
- Implement a system designed to identify lessons learned and disseminate timely information.
- Collaborate with other program staff to ensure every staff knows and understands their role in M&E.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in any of the following or related fields: social science, international development, evaluation research, statistics, or economics.
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in designing, managing, and implementing results-based MEL activities.
- Demonstrated relevant technical skills in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, with excellent organizational as well as English oral and written communication skills.
- Progressively responsible experience in monitoring and evaluation of conflict mitigation, preventing violent extremism and/or democracy and governance programs, including working with development agencies and organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, program beneficiaries, and program staff.
- Extensive knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines, and tools for monitoring, evaluation and learning, including impact evaluation.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills, and ability to work well on a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc., and the ability to use various commercially available statistical software programs.
- The deadline for submission is close of business on the above stated date, however applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- All CV’s/Resume/Applications Must be in either Word format or PDF.
- Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.