Your mission is to manage all monitoring, evaluation activities, and associated processes for the project. You are to ensure that each data reported is supported with valid data.
Reporting to: Project Director
Direct Reports: None
- You are the face of the project. You are to ensure timely and accurate data reporting. You will be responsible for ensuring successful Data Quality Assessment(s), evaluations, and respond to other ad-hoc requests for data and information related to project activities.
- Manage initiatives to improve project’s performance management plans (PMPs) and M&E system design and implementation
- Provide training to staff, beneficiaries, partners, and other relevant stakeholders on the project’s M&E systems, policies, procedures, templates, and forms
- Assist the project director with stakeholders, and key decision-maker trainings and presentation on the project’s activities and results
- Conduct on-site monitoring of activities, collecting both qualitative and quantitative data
- Conduct routine spot checks to ensure data have been accurately collected from project beneficiaries
- As required, participate in client-directed data quality assessment (DQA) and preparation of report(s)
- Verify project results with supporting documentation, photographs, and success stories (with direct quotes from program beneficiaries)
- Ensures that all data from field based activities, beneficiaries, sub-contractors and secondary data are input into an established project database in a timely, effective and efficient process
- Responsible for all performance data analysis and reporting
- Oversees and ensures the learning cycle is respected and institutionalized- specifically in regards to period strategic reviews of data for evidence based decision making
- Manages the project’s performance reporting dashboard
- Assist in both offline and on-line data updating and management
Our project beneficiaries
All internal and external stakeholders
Social Organisations (NGOs, Faith-based Organisations etc)
KPIs to measure success.
Effective expense management
Effective and clear communication
Quality of data and results provided
Key Skills & Competencies
- Masters Degree in Statistics, Economics, Development Studies and related fields
- 5- 7 years’ of solid experience in an international NGO program/project planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning with expertise in M&E
- Proven experience in using Indicator Performance Tracking Table (IPTT), Performance Indicator Reference Sheet (PIRS) and other M&E tools and processes
- Good presentation, effective communication, networking and partnering skills
- Highly skilled in statistical data analysis using computer packages like SPSS, STATA, Epi-info, MS-Excel MS-Access, and very much skilled in the use of MS-Word
- A strong aptitude for organizational change, innovation, learning, team building
- Good presentation, effective communication, networking and partnering skills.
- Strong experience in designing and implementation of complex and innovative M&E system, tools and processes and in quantitative and qualitative data processing and analysis
- MEL capacity building and providing MEL support to diverse program/project team
- Experience working in a similar position for an NGO or an international organization is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team.
- Must also be able to create a supportive working relationship among all project teams.