Integrated in the Technical Department , the Project Cooperation Division has the following missions:
- Secure the achievement of LCBC’s mission through identification, development and implementation of projects funded by national, bi-lateral and multi-lateral agencies. This work is supported by an expert responsible for monitoring and evaluation (M&E) tassess performance of externally funded projects as well as activities within the twcore Divisions of the LCBC.
- Ensure that the right decisions can be taken tsecure projects effectiveness and achieve better results for CBLT
- Secure information exchange of the projects, as well as access tinformation on the current status of LCBC and Member Countries projects
- Ensure professional project management with capable project lead and project team
- Support all parts of the organisation through project evaluation, cost, impact and results measurement
Responsibilities & Accountability:
- Lead the organization in establishing performance measures, collecting and analyzing performance information, planning and managing evaluations and assisting the LCBC management in using the performance information for decision-making and resource allocation, support the planning, design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of activities for the organisation.
- Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of activities; tinvolve reviewing work plans, quarterly reports, participating in field visits, initiating regular portfolireviews and contributing tprogram evaluations.
- Contribute tthe planning of new activities that support the desired results under an reviewed SAP; this includes providing input intassessments, Project Appraisal Documents, and Scopes of Work for new activities and provide budget justifications.
- Advise Senior Management in designing and planning for evaluations, special studies and assessments.
- Coordinate the creation and review of the Program tprovide adequate financial resources for evaluations, special studies and assessments.
- Provide input intthe design, implementation and dissemination of evaluations, special studies and assessments.
- Coordinate the creation of a Mission Performance Monitoring Plan including assessing the validity of the information and indicators that contribute tthat plan.
- Assist the technical divisions tselect data collection methods for adequate monitoring and evaluation of implementing partners' performance and of the program as a whole these methods may include field visits, quarterly reports, specialized surveys and other sources of information of Government statistics).
- Assist the divisions in reviewing these methods and making improvements ttheir monitoring and evaluation.
- Coordinate the regular review of progress towards achieving Assistance Objectives/Development Objectives by Senior Management through program reviews, portfolireviews or other processes.
- Encourage the use of performance information in resource allocation decisions by the Office Directors, head of division and Senior Management through leading discussions, preparing analysis or other measures.
- Seek ways tstreamline the process and increase efficiency in gathering and using performance information.
- Coordinate the process for updating policy and procedure documents in the areas of monitoring and evaluation talign with the most current agency Polices and requirements. Seek ways tincrease transparency of LCBC's system of reviewing results and use of performance information.
- Work as a Point of Contact for Evaluation in the Mission and provide guidance ttechnical teams on issues related tmonitoring and evaluation.
- Communicate with the respective members states on issues related with monitoring and evaluation.
- Assist Senior Management in building local M&E capacities.
- Manage evaluation contracts and agreements.
Attitude, Behaviour, Skills & Experience Required
- Master’s degree (BAC+5) in a Development Field, Social Science, Economics, or relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible professional experience in a performance monitoring and/or evaluation role with an international development organization.
- Familiarity with different donorsand their operations preferred
- Fluency in English and/or French
- Proficiency in one of the local Languages strongly preferred but not required.
- Computer literacy in current MS Office programmes and special task-related software is a prerequisite
- Experience acquired in the INGor NGO, preferably in a multicultural setting, would be an advantage
- Demonstrated ability in data analysis, project design, monitoring, and evaluation of development activities.
- 5 years’ experience developing results frameworks, logical frameworks, or similar tools for project design is required.
- Experience developing and/or using performance management plans or similar tools is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in monitoring and evaluating programs—including indicator development, study design, and data analysis—in multiple sectors. Experience using knowledge management software or database is highly desired.
- Maximum age for application 50 years
- The position requires particularly the following attitude and behaviour
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability tsummarize disparate information in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent research and data collection methodology skills
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.