Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Objective 1 - Collect qualitative and quantitative information and program data at LGA level through surveys, assessments, post-distribution monitoring, and regular market monitoring under the supervision of the M&E Officer and M&E Deputy Program Manager:
- Facilitate training of CVs and partners, and participate in the sensitization of beneficiaries in collaboration with program teams.
- Objective 2 - Support in collating and analyzing monitoring data, as well as report on findings from monitoring activities for direct reporting to the M&E DPM and M&E Officer:
- Ensure proper monitoring of the implementation of the program, focusing on the overall M&E framework of the program at LGA level.
- Present and analyze data based on information needs of the project team and partners and support in data base management.
- Complete and submit a monthly report.
- Provide support to improve monitoring and reporting mechanism through revised monitoring and reporting framework, through collaboration with the program team at LGA level.
- Objective 3 - Work with program teams to ensure that information relating to Action Against Hunger and program activities is shared widely within LGAs and provide for beneficiary feedback in line with relevant guidelines and frameworks:
- Under guidance of M&E Officer work in a close collaboration with the FSL & DPM program team in the LGA (whenever required) for resolving complex programme-related issues and information delivery.
- Collaborate with government partners to ensure the smooth implementation of the program delivery.
- Support the program team in facilitating the process of setting up Complaint Response Mechanism at Ward/ LGA level and handling complaint/ feedback at LGA level.
- Objective 4 - Provide support to the programs at LGA level and within the communities specific to the M&E responsibilities outlined by the M&E Officer and M&E Deputy Program Manager:
- Analyze and provide information to M&E Officer regarding general contextual information at the LGA level and explore opportunities in support of partnership building initiatives with LGA level government.
- Assist the FSL & WASH program team in terms of selecting the beneficiaries of NFI & Cash Transfer as per the established procedure.
- Assist the FSL & WASH program team in selecting the Community Volunteers to facilitate the process of beneficiaries’ selection.
- Monitor the progress of disseminating the Action Against Hunger Principles within the beneficiaries’ community by the program team.
Internal & External Relationship
- M&E Officer and Deputy Program Manager: Technical hierarchical relationship- exchange of information, collaboration, coordination
- RRM field team: exchange of information, collaboration and coordination.
- Other partners/stake holders, e.g. LGAs, GoN agencies, donors: exchange of information, M&E reports, collaboration and coordination.
- Minimum of Higher National Diploma in Economics, Rural Development, Business, Administration, Statistics, Demography or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a similar position.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing (Mobile Data Collection a strong advantage).
- Commitment to and understanding of Action Against Hunger aims, values and principles.
- Professional, good organizational capacity, good human relationships and team spirit, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa and English.
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy
- Previous experience with Action Against Hunger.
- Previous humanitarian programming experience