A consulting firm seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
- The Head of Mining Operations sole responsibility is to ensure profitably run Mining Operations for my client. These tasks include but are not limited to identification of opportunity, Scoping, Pre-Mobilization
- plans, Due diligence, Project planning and vendor vetting, Operational plan and Mobilization, Running and operating an environmentally sound and HSE compliant Mine/mining operation, Product storage and safety and Revenue generation.
- Provide guidance, support and act as direct resource to the team building the mine feasibility studies.
- Monitoring Progress and communicate same to project owner(s).
- Provide specialist technical input into team project work.
- Provide input and evaluation into reserve and resource estimates.
- Provide project management leadership and/or act as the mining lead at the project site.
- Develop or bring forward, as appropriate, industry best practices & innovative technologies
- Oversee the development and maintenance of long & short-term mine plans, mine designs and input
- Utilize geological efforts as appropriate on the site
- Prepare and review project proposals, studies and technical reports
- Oversee the cost-effective, safe and timely completion of project milestones that meet or exceed expectations
- Liaise with contractors, vendors and other stakeholders technical issues & present reports thereon,
- Present to stakeholders reports on progress as well as problems and solutions
- Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project output/deliverable.
Key Performance Indicators
0% escalated complaints from stakeholders, etc.
100% functionality of mining operations.
Less than 5% of damage, loss and misplaced of items major work equipment.
Above average number of holes drilled per month/year
Swift waste recycling (e.g. tons per time unit)
Above 90% of operational uptime
% reduction in mining/exploration costs