A startup medical diagnostics firm seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
Prepare samples for analysis, use equipment to locate microorganisms, monitor tests and procedures, analyse the chemical content of fluids, match blood for transfusions, and test for drug levels in the blood.
Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology with current practicing License
Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience and bench confidence
Unquestionable Integrity and Solid work ethic
Strong work ethics, teachable
Versatile & Organised
- Collecting, examining and analyzing specimen from patients to provide the information required by the Medical Officer for diagnosis and treatment.
- Preparing chemical solutions, reagents, microscope slides and culture media for laboratory tests.
- Caring for and maintaining laboratory equipment
- Carrying out a microscopic examination of the specimen for pathogens.
- Analysing body fluids, classifying and processing blood to determine types and to separate satin from blood cells.
- Conducting the investigations as per requisition.
- Operating the instruments and carrying out the tests as per procedure.
- Maintain individual accountability for the equipment and items in the laboratory.
- Ensuring that all the reports are ready at specified time using specified protocols of quality assurance.
- Entering the results in LIS (laboratory information system) and put up for verification by the authorized Signatories.
- Informing of critical results immediately to the referring doctors.
- Storage and proper disposal of examined specimens as per the documented procedure (SOP).
- Recording refrigerator temperature, Freezer temperature, room temperature and humidity. Perform daily, weekly and monthly maintenance of all the equipment.
- Indenting & maintaining Stock.
- Any other job assigned as per exigencies of work
- Salary Range: In line with industry standard