- Responsible for the coordination, implementation, execution and completion of Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Design & Engineering Work. Closely monitor and supervise the Contractors/ Subcontractors to ensure proper installation and commissioning of all Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Installations during the construction phase.
- Develop narrative specifications (Program of Requirements) that defines the technical requirements to be adopted on all Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing work. The latter in close collaboration with the Client, Architect and the Project Manager.
- Extensive experience with Design & Engineering of HVAC Equipment,
- Firefighting Equipment’s, Fire hose racks, External hydrant system, Sprinklers
- System, Gas Suppressions System, Diesel pump, Firewater Tank, Chillers, Air
- compressors, Pumps, Boilers, Generating plants, Sanitary installations and
- Effluent Treatment plan, Power (low, medium and high Voltage), lighting, Waste
- water (treatment) plants and drainage/earthing work.
- Extensive experience with Industrial projects (production plants food & beverage) and related facilities.
- Technical Program of Requirements for MEP services
- Design & Engineering of all applicable phases Interfaces with other disciplines and parties (i.e. Consultants, Vendors, Subcontractors, etc.) performing other
Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing activities.
- Supervises assigned Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing personnel.
- Continually monitors the performance of all assigned Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing personnel.
- Ensures quality control procedures are being followed and maintained.
- Controls Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Contractors cost.
- Provides technical advice and assistance to Contractors staff as requested.
Minimum qualifications, skills and experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree or HND in Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering.
- COREN registered and/or any other relevant certification. Mechanical degree is preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Project, Word, Excel, AUTOCAD, etc.
- 15 years practical experience
- Good communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision