Reference Number: SAB-487
- An opportunity exists in Ilesa Plant for Brewing Artisan - Mechanical, reporting to the Maintenance Planner, Brewing & Utilities.
- The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining equipment in an ‘as new’ condition, assuring reliable performance to standard through inspections, corrective actions to restore equipment back to inherent condition, problem-solving to address the root cause of failures and loop closure and provide input into the ZBB maintenance budget.
- He/she will also be responsible for coaching operators in the correct way to operate equipment and perform autonomous operations.
- Provide specialist support to the shift based teams during operations.
- Assist as a functional expert in problem-solving.
- This must be undertaken in support of the Process Artisan Where requested, provide guidance and advice to the shift based teams on mechanical equipment, mechanical faultfinding and correct responses to mechanical failure modes
- Take part in maintenance planning meeting, contributing suggestions and clarifying work required
- Carry out work during the planned maintenance outage in accordance with the planned maintenance schedule issued by the Maintenance Planner
- Partake in maintenance post-mortems to feedback problems, opportunities and learning from maintenance activities
- Partake in cleaning, lubrication, and inspection in accordance with the maintenance schedule issued by the Maintenance Planner
- Carry out routine maintenance activities in accordance with the maintenance schedule
- Where problems have been uncovered during routine maintenance, these must be resolved using the appropriate problem-solving techniques.
- Partake in carrying out running repairs on plant and equipment, or support the Process Artisans in carrying out repairs
- When carrying out repairs, assess the problem and determine a course of action
- Complete the administration tasks relating to any running repairs carried out as per CMMS requirements
- Where problems have occurred during routine activities, apply the correct problem-solving approach to resolve
- Where required, call in additional resources to assist in problem-solving or escalate to the Maintenance Controller for direction
- Assist fellow team members to resolve problems.
Housekeeping and Safety:
- Operate in a safe manner at all times, and identify and highlight unsafe work practices so that these may be corrected
- Carry out work according to the work instructions and adhere to appropriate AB InBev policies and procedures
- Carry out housekeeping tasks, and apply 5S principles during the execution of duties
- OND/BSc/HND or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience as a Mechanical Artisan in the FMCG.
- Management skills.
- Relationship management skills.
- Mental alertness
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Conceptual skills.
- Engineering Specialist - Subject matter expert.