Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in the fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, DC., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott. Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
- Communicate with guests/customers to resolve maintenance issues.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and kitchen and mechanical room equipment, including cleaning and lubrication.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines.
- Carry equipment (tools, radio). Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment and all utility shut-offs for buildings.
- Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
- Communicate each day’s activities and problems that occur to the other shifts using approved communication programs and standards.
- Display basic knowledge or ability to acquire knowledge in the following categories: air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pneumatic/electronic systems and controls, carpentry and finish skills, kitchen equipment, vehicles, energy conservation, and/or general building.
- Perform all surface preparation, painting, minor drywall and wood trim repair, light bulb and A/C filter replacement and the complete and thorough clean up of the painting or repair area.
- Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment, plumbing (plunge toilets and unclog drains), electrical components including lamps, cosmetic items, extension cords, vacuum cleaners, internet devices, replace electrical switches and outlets, and other guestroom items.
- Program TV's and perform general housekeeping and engineering-related inventory duties. Use the Lockout/Tagout system before performing any maintenance work.
- Perform repairs on interior and exterior landscaping as well as external landscaping sprinklers, Display basic computer skills including inputting air handler schedules and making temperature changes.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; and properly store flammable materials.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain the confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Adhere to quality expectations and standards.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and heavier lifting or movement tasks with assistance.
- Move up and down stairs, service ramps, and/or ladders.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.