- The sales executive communicates with prospective guests to persuade them to book a room at the hotel.
- One sales method consists of telephone calls, conversing with leads in an effort to convince guests to book one or several rooms.
- Hotel sales Executive pursue all leads generated by marketing efforts, including inquiries through email, social media, the hotel's website, and online hotel booking sites.
- As well as individual leads, hotel sales managers respond to requests for proposals to win the right to provide hotel services for organizations that travel frequently or require rooms to host conferences.
- While the main goal of all hotel sales executives revolves around booking rooms and services, maintaining the hotel's guest service culture and the image is another vital aspect of the job.
- Friendly, professional behavior and appearance creates a positive, welcoming atmosphere that increases the chance of repeat business and referrals.
- Hotel sales executive also contribute to training, budgeting, and marketing plans that increase bookings and profitability. Other duties include filing paperwork, maintaining computer databases and communicating guest requirements to all departments of the hotel.
- Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options. Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
Core Work Activities:
- Managing Sales Activities
- Pulls through business and achieves revenue goals for all opportunities booked through the Sales Office.
- Identifies new group/catering business and achieve personal and property revenue goals.
- Drives revenue from local accounts by proactively soliciting new business from small business accounts, sourcing new accounts, identifying new targets, and re-soliciting past business leads.
- Up-sells products and services, with the ability to bring the sale to closure.
- Engages in proactive selling of all of the facilities (e.g., Spa, Bar, Restaurants) to all leisure guests as well as group planners and company guests.
- Assists with selling, implementation, and follow-through of group sales promotions.
- Attends pre- and post-convention meetings to understand group needs, obtain feedback on the quality of the product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Coordinates and executes all site inspections/visits at the property for out-of-market and non-deployed accounts (includes site visits for out-of-market Sales Associates).
- Tracks bookings and leads generated from site visits.
- Grows business of existing accounts by soliciting them for future open years while onsite.
- Gathers all-important customer data in order to plan appropriately (e.g. customers goals, specific needs, key account info, etc.).
- Understands a competitor’s strengths and weaknesses to differentiate the Brand from the competition during the site visit.
- Provides expert knowledge on local destinations (e.g., local attractions, events, etc.).
- Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
- Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Re-solicits non-deployed realized opportunities, including turndowns, lost opportunities and actualized business when appropriate.
- Drives customer satisfaction through daily interactions (e.g., solicitations, re-solicitations, account calls, new business calls, face to face activities, etc.).
- Conducts customer-facing sales activities on behalf of the hotels in partnership with Food & Beverage Manager as appropriate. (e.g., lunch and learns, social hours, the company of the month activities, local industry events, Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) Activities, etc.).
- Maintains complete and up-to-date lead information on each account to verify accurate reporting and customer base information.
- Qualifies and maintains customer’s long-term business potential and refers customers to market, field, hotel or national sales office, as required.
- Presents stakeholder hotel benefits and features based on customer needs.
- Understands the overall market (e.g., competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply, and demand, etc.) in order to sell effectively against the competition.
- Building Successful Relationships
- Gets involved in community-based organizations to position property for group/catering sales opportunities and participates in community and hotel networking events (e.g., Nigerian Tourism Development Corporation, Abuja Chamber of Commerce, etc.).
- Engages in property related events that support the development of existing and new accounts (e.g., Managers Reception, etc.).
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings.
- Attends and facilitates pre-planning visits to establish consistent customer communication.
- Entertains customers by showing them the property and key locations surrounding the property; provides after-hours entertaining for customers.
- Partners with Event Management and/or Operations in providing a customer experience that exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty and as necessary refers them to the appropriate owner.
- Gains understanding of the property‘s primary target customer and service expectations; recommends appropriate features and services to best meet their needs and exceed their expectations.
- Visits neighborhood target and local small business accounts and coordinates follow up efforts.
- Increases local penetration of high potential accounts to optimize demand across all brands and satisfy important property needs.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Education & Experience
- 4 years of experience in hotel sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area or Diploma/Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel & Restaurant Management, or related programs; 2 years experience in the hotel sales and marketing or related professional area.
- Group sales experience
- University degree; previous experience in proactive lead generation in hospitality and sales discipline; knowledge of property-specific business segments (e.g. group, catering, transient); knowledge of the hospitality industry.