- Introduce and sell the organisation’s range of products and services to all sectors of the economy.
- Pursue aggressively and ensure the company’s participation in general insurance businesses available in Oil & Energy, Manufacturing, Financial, Telecommunications and other sectors in Nigeria
- Building and Maintaining ongoing relationships with all clients, including scheduling and attending meetings and understanding the nature of clients’ businesses or lifestyle so as to generate revenue for the company.
- Gathering information from clients, assessing their current insurance needs, drafting of bespoke proposals and articulated presentation geared towards winning the accounts
- Closely monitor fast-changing developments in the various sectors and provide recommendations for Departmental Head’s response.
- Identify solutions and respond swiftly to distortive occurrences in the insurance industry that can in the short and long term negatively affect the business of the company.
- Take overall responsibility and initiative for cultivating excellent income generating. relationships with clients in the various sectors on a sustainable basis.
- Develop and maintain a robust database on the market, clients and prospects.
- Excellent relationship management skills including the ability to persuade, negotiate and make presentations.
- Good analytical skills and ability to multi-task and complete numerous tasks within deadlines.
- Excellent communication – both written and spoken English and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of laws/regulations relating to insurance and target client business operations.
- Thorough understanding of national economic issues and political developments and their implications for products and services offered by STI
- Business focus orientation
- Problem-solving capabilities
- Creativity and innovation
- Strategic thinking capabilities