The successful candidate will ideally be experienced in the field of education recruitment, enjoy working with students and agents from around Nigeria and indeed the world, be customer orientated performance driven, enthusiastic and committed with stamina and a positive attitude.
Overview of Role
There are two main remits for this position:
· To recruit students for Y2GO to place in their institutions abroad.
The main mediums to accomplish this will be through the publicity materials, agents and representatives, personal and colleague attendance at education fairs, workshops or other recruitment events and, most importantly, establishing good relationships and efficient lines of communication with schools , colleges , universities and tutors and their personnel.
Courses currently offered are GCSEs, A Levels, Foundation programmes, Summer School courses, year-round short-stay courses and a variety of English language programmes. The vast majority of students from overseas and many are visa nationals.
· To develop the marketing methods and materials
This will include the web-site, brochures and social media, so there is a raised awareness of the Y2GO brand in the market and an increase in student numbers. The position will require focus on increasing the numbers for all the markets and institutions with whom we work as well as working with staff to promote new markets and products.
Student Recruitment & Marketing
Core Professional Focus
- To enhance turnover and profit by maintaining and increasing student numbers in all markets in which we operate. To secure visibility and esteem in the Nigerian market by improving awareness and increasing exposure of the Y2GO brand.
Administering the Marketing Process
- To work within the allocated budget relating to recruitment and promotion in order to secure the maximum benefit for money spent
- To undertake the necessary administration in respect of maintaining contacts, agent databases, and promotional activities and to exploit opportunities for external funding in marketing the Y2GOs services.
Social Media and Digital Marketing
Responsible for delivering and managing outstanding multi-channel marketing campaigns
Input into improving and managing company website
Managing social media and email campaigns including creation of contents and blogs and newsletters
Cordinate the information received to produce sales and leads
Input to Strategic Thinking and Activity
- Identifying and nurturing new markets such as the Summer Camp market.
- Maintaining a current familiarity with global educational issues, particularly as they impinge upon international students travelling out of Nigeria to study.
- Working with the Y2GO management to develop ways of ensuring that we create strategies and plans to further expand our share of the educational recruitment market and any other markets that we have decided to venture into.
Development of Key Commercial Relationships
- Identifying and developing formal agreements with education agents and other bodies and institutions.
- Promotion of the Y2GOs’ services to education officers in overseas institutes missions and embassies, and the development and maintenance of relations with overseas bodies, the British Council and governments which sponsor students into our markets.
- Build up database of schools, colleges and tutors in West Africa and beyond and work that database to maximise benefit to Y2GO.
Maintenance of Promotional Materials and Corporate Identity
- Ensuring that both printed and online materials are up to date, persuasive and attractive while matching the ethical criteria of the various organisations that accredit the different parts of Y2GOs services. The production of high-class materials within agreed budgets.
- Attendance at key exhibitions and education fairs where there is likely to be commercial demand for the Y2GOs services.
- The maintenance of personal and commercial relationships with key agents and institutions through supporting their visits.
Representing Y2GO Generally
- Playing an important role in Y2GO trips and events
- Representing the Y2GO at appropriate events and meetings
Communication and Relationships with Receiving Institutions
- The development of commission agreements.
Engagement in Internal Quality Control
- Spending time with students, both individually and as groups, to establish levels of client satisfaction, and maintaining a personal link with parents, sponsors and agents in respect of the welfare of students who we place.
- Encouraging the students to speak English at every opportunity.
- Helping ensure students do not breach the rules of schools and institutions
- Helping ensure students behave
- To attend all necessary meetings
Other duties could include:
- Be very much involved with the design, the capturing, the analysis and improvement of student feedback.
- Assisting in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes for new students
- Participating in/leading regular meetings with staff and students
- Providing ideas for improvements to the ‘student experience’, both summer and year-round
- Any other duties required from time to time by the Management
Qualifications and Experience
- Personal qualities: Energy and ambition coupled with personal warmth and approachability
- Educational background & qualifications: Knowledge of education and the ability to command the respect of parents, clients and partners in the schools and university education sector
- Administrative skills and competence: Able to work autonomously, to organise and maintain complex schedules and to sustain a high volume of correspondence and work for DTI and British Council events
- Aptitude: Good commercial instincts and an appreciation of the drivers of a private sector organisation in education
- International marketing experience: Demonstrated ability to relate positively and persuasively to people from a wide variety of cultures
- Personal circumstances: Freedom to travel within Nigeria for up to twelve weeks per year on College business, occasionally at short notice
- Willingness to be involved with helping students in their ongoing life overseas
- Applicants should hold a first degree or equivalent and must be able to speak English to native level
- Ability to demonstrate good time-management, problem solving capabilities and organisational skills
- Be flexible and able to keep calm under considerable pressure
- Demonstrate cross cultural awareness and understanding.
Desirable, but not essential:
- Previous managerial experience within a team
- Formal marketing training (e.g. CIM or similar).
- Candidates should have experience of working with teenagers and young adults
- High-level IT skills Ability to use spreadsheets and maintain websites.
- Experience in managing budgets.
- The ability to write persuasive, coherent copy and an appreciation of layout and design in both textual and web based promotional material.
- An established presence in education markets, with well-established links with overseas agents.
- Summer School experience
The most important requirement is the applicant is enthusiastic, energetic, outgoing and keen to make a decisive contribution to all the aspects of the College.
The hours of work will be those necessary to fulfil the responsibilities of the role. As a general guideline you will be expected to work a minimum of 5 day per week, generally 09:00 – 18:00 Monday to Friday, but will vary according to the needs of the Marketing department and trips abroad so can be any of the days of the week, daytime or evenings.
Part of the role involves travelling to education fairs, visits to agents’ offices, etc., which can take place at any time and usually abroad. The time spent on these trips is to fulfil the duties and not subject to the above times nor in return for days off in lieu, etc.
The Country Manager and CEO
The above does not form a contract in its own right and should be read in conjunction with your contract, the Y2GO Staff Rules & Disciplinary Procedures, and Residential Staff Terms and Conditions where applicable