Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates.
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Country Representative, Deputy Country Representatives, Head of Programs, Business Development Specialist, Chiefs of Party, Senior Management Team, Regional Information Manager, Marketing and Communications Department (HQ)
- External: Representatives of other nonprofits, Contractors, Vendors, project partners, Donors.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum Master's Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related studies; relevant experience in INGOs or UN preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience working on marketing and communication activities in the Humanitarian and relief, or business sectors.
- Ability to work with stakeholders on multiple levels including government agencies, nongovernmental organizations, donors, media groups, religious groups (Catholic, Muslim) and CRS staff
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to influence through communication
- Demonstrable track record of successfully disseminating information to a variety of target audiences
- Capacity to plan, coordinate, organize and schedule and deliver outputs to a specified deadlines
- Visual literacy and visual communication competencies and skills in publication design
- Understanding of major issues of international development and donor assistance
- Flexibility to work both in a team and independently
- Cultural sensitivity, patience, and flexibility
- Demonstrated personal accountability and driven to serve others
- Understanding of and experience with faith-based organizations, local church structures, and accompaniment and capacity-building principles in local partnerships highly desired
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally as required
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills
- Highly proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and desktop publishing skills
- Experience in Adobe Indesign and photoshop is strongly desired
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Mature disposition in appropriately managing sensitive situations
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.