The Marketing and PR Communications Manager sees to all marketing activities across domestic and international platforms to drive sales e.g cinema, pay-tv etc This individual is an expert in all things related to the publicity of a film and is a film fanatic.
The position collaborates with the legal, acquisition and development, production and post-production departments to help define both the product story and the needed publicity for a film to sell at its highest attainable peak.
- Develop domestic business plans for film, including defining marketing strategy for each film e.g target audience, income projections etc Develop marketing/promotion ideas for each film release at cinemas Present business plans to management to gain approval on all aspects of film marketing strategy.
- Develop presentations and simulations on market viability of a film (e.g evaluate market conditions and seasonality to give strategic advice). Devise marketing and communications strategy to optimize awareness and yields from core markets.
- Conduct marketing research to identify the target demography and devise a marketing plan to reach them.
- Add new films trailer to the Company website and other company's published channels such as IMDB
- Book trade advertising; film listings, and screenings of new films. Responsible for delivering campaigns in order to maximize sales volume during peak times.
- Sees to advertising output.
- Responsible for publicity and press relations; maintain relationships with the press and other publicity partners.
- Develop and nurture online social network fan bases through active participation on relevant channels such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and fan sites.
- Develop online and website presence, ensure all sites are maintained and exceeding customer expectations maximizing the potential of the customer journey through to purchase.
- Manage and control on-going marketing budgets.
- Responsible for positive brand recognition and consistency across chosen published channels.
- Collect and present data on the effectiveness of the marketing campaigns to management (e.g., presentation showing the effects of a particular campaign towards a film).
- Monitor box office numbers.
- Work closely with cinemas for cinema releases. ▪ Prepare marketing plans for exhibitors.
- Set release dates for films.
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor' s degree.
- MBA in Marketing (added advantage)
- Being a member of Advertising Practitioners Council Of Nigeria (APCON) will be an added advantage
- 5 years post NYC experience
- 2 years' active relevant experience.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, word and excel.
- Multilingual abilities (specifically English, French, Portuguese and Spanish) added advantage.
- Audience development and subscription strategies experience a plus.
- In depth knowledge of theatrical and home entertainment product. Knowledgeable about film festivals — local and international.
- Expertise and proven track record in the digital marketing arena.
- Proven track record in analyzing the marketplace, establishing revenue targets, and meeting and exceeding targets; as well as accurately assessing opportunities and marketplace threats, and developing action plans to combat threats. • Demonstrated ability to effectively lead teams and prioritize work schedules. • Demonstrated ability to plan and execute major marketing campaigns.
- Must be able to review and comprehend detailed documents or instruments.
- Must have strong attention to detail, maintain confidentinlity, problem solving skills.
- Excellent negotiating skills (vendor relationships and Service Levels for contracts).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with personnel on all levels, in person, via mail or telephone.
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to details.
- Must have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks, with others, across a variety of time zones.