A firm in the engineering sector seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
- As a Ship Technical Superintendent, you would be required to monitor the vessel movement daily.
- In this job you may be required to supervise operations and monitor vessel condition and ship’s staff compliance with management policies, international, state or local Maritime regulations.
- The Ship Technical Superintendent is responsible for all technical and operational related issue, including correspondences. You will be directly responsible for ensuring all procedures are adhered to and comply with International Safety Management (ISM), classification society rules, and Maritime Insurance.
- As Ship Technical Superintendent, you will supervise vessels from an engineering aspect.
- The Ship Technical Superintendent’s job will be to liaise directly with the vessel owner, respond to any charter or technical and operational questions.
- The management and hire of ship’s staff may also be part of the Ship’s Technical Superintendent’s role.
- The role also includes the briefing and debriefing and appraisal of masters, Chief Engineers and other senior officers.
- The Ship Technical Superintendent works closely with the Operations Superintendents and provide technical advice to the HSE and Operations monitor budgets.
- The Ship Technical Superintendent will be required to devise, agree and monitor budgets.
- You may also be required to review SIRE or other inspection observations and deficiencies and work with the Vessel and Operations’ Department to track them through to close out.
Key Skills and qualifications:
- Applicant should possess a Bsc degree in Marine Engineering and relevant STCWO certificate.
- Minimum of three years previous experience in a similar role would be required and the applicant would need to demonstrate their ability to do the job of Ship Technical Superintendent. Ideally, applicants will have previously sailed at sea as a chief engineer or 2nd engineer.
- You must understand basic accounting and be capable of devising and managing budget.
- A Ship Technical Superintendent needs to be a clear communicator, both verbally and in written format.
- As Ship Technical Superintendent you must be able to carry out risk assessment and accident investigations and prepare associated reports concisely.
- Previous people management skills, including staff reviews and monitoring of KPI’s is required.
- A Ship Technical Superintendent must be able to operate Microsoft Windows, Excel etc.