The company is a metering manufacturing company that also provides value added services for the growing Nigerian utilities market.
This Manufacturing Technical Engineer job includes functions such as plug, assembly, finishing, punch press, grinding, running robots and running various machinery. Responsibilities may include loading, moving materials, assisting in loading machines, positioning work, setting up jobs, making adjustments or operating machines, final assembly operations plugging, visual inspections. Performs hand operations, such as filing, de-burring, cleaning, disc grinding, palletizing, banding, folding, etc. Uses torque wrench and hand tools as needed.
- Lifts, positions, and removes work pieces from machines to assist in assembly, forming, fitting, and welding
- Loads, stacks, and transports stock, tools, and work in process by hand, pallet jack, or dolly
- Cleans, scrapes, and grinds metal for fabricating, welding, painting, or shipping
- Sets up machine and/or helps set up machines for operation and may make minor adjustments as needed; Run machines after set-up
- Checks and monitors the condition of punches, and quality of product being produced
- Accurately measures and reads blueprints to check parts for compliance
- Picks up and moves scrap from work areas, cleans work area, machines, tools, and equipment
- Performs final assembly operations
- Ensures adequate supply of stock is at station to run machines; operate hoists, slings; fill out production reports and label products as needed
- May conduct helium testing of product, prepare tank for wash line and test and install metal fittings into fuel tanks
- Repairs and assembles pallets using power saw and hand tools