Reports To: The Director (CEO) - Department: Concierge Office
To oversee, manage the team and drive the business goals (sales and profitability) as well as to promote and enhance our operations in line with corporate policies and procedures. Serving as
a frontline manager with a special duty of care for our entire guest, managing the entire team ensuring guest comfort, guest satisfaction is an utmost priority.
- Assist the director in developing, organizing, planning and implementing the business strategy.
- Ensure a perfect welcome and a quality of service worthy of a luxury environment.
- Manage the day to day operations of all in-house and external staffs
- Ensure that the point of sale is correctly managed and in line with internal procedures
- Ensure daily /weekly/monthly schedules, plans and set objectives are met.
- Kick start daily team meeting and motivating the staffs
- Deal with critical or special situations arising in the hotel e.g. (guest emergency)
- Set monthly expenses budgets for approval by the director
- Manage cost control for all operating costs and use of resources, café and kitchen stocks and housekeeping, laundry consumables.
- Communicate with clients, evaluating their needs and meeting or exceeding those needs.
- Ensure and develop superb customer relationships with corporate and individual clients.
- Enhance and develop the customer’s portfolio: gaining new customers, building networks, and customer loyalty to the brand.
- Professionally and courteously manage difficult sales or situations of conflict with clients.
- Create quarterly business reports, analyze and interpret data and set projections.
- Has a working knowledge of ensuring proper account recording and compliance with financial and accounting legalities.
- Analysis of recruitment needs, drive staff recruitment process and training & development.
- Ensure fire equipment maintenances, certification, and organizing fire drills
- Secure adherence to company’s policies, procedures, and guidelines by all staffs
- Enforce disciplinary management.
- Knows all in house safety systems, emergency procedures, and muster points, and is aware of all fire and accident prevention policies.
- Remain vigilant to all aspects of security and report of any breaches or issues and manage a situation with external security agencies in the case of an emergency.
- Ensures that security of guest’s belongings, including the return of any lost property
- Responsible for front and back entry to the facility and access control monitoring
- Responsibly manage and ensure the entire team follow safe working practices, work with initiative and stay current with matters affecting the service level to our guest and also the team
Qualifications and Desired Experience:
- Educated at Graduate Level – HND , BSc, MSc – Relevant professional qualifications is a plus.
- Significant hands-on experience of at least 5 years as Boutique Hotel Manager, ideally in a luxury environment.
- A skilled and committed leader who knows how to drive a sales team and lead them towards excellence in achieving sales targets and does not require being micro-managed.
- Has proven and demonstrable experience to transmit values of humility, enthusiasm and collaborative work in a business environment.
- Demonstrable multitasking ability
- Sound understanding of processes and operational efficiency
- Solid abilities for reporting and analyzing information for decision making
- Sound financial management skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Sounding computing and IT skills, including use of hotel management software
- Strong people management and negotiation skills
- An audacious, proactive, positive, tenacious and lively personality
- Respect for cross-culture and has experience working in multicultural environments
- Experience in pre-opening and launching a new business in and/or outside Nigeria
- Articulate and communicates well both verbally and in written language.
- Immaculately turned out, and can politely and proactively engaging with customers to ensure the complete customer experience is provided, and maintain the brand's outstanding reputation for excellence.