Duties of the Position
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of period financial statements in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) with accuracy and timeliness as key measurement targets
- Preparation of Board quarterly reports incorporating analytical review from previous quarter
- Coordinating the preparation for and handling of annual statutory audit
- Coordination of all activities relating to preparation for and handling of CBN/NDIC Risk Examinations of the Bank
- Preparation of quarterly earnings forecast with justifications
- Maintaining and obtaining database for addressing request from Rating Agencies, and other strategic partners
- General Ledger review and Reconciliations
- Coordinating all issues relating to the Bank’s compliance with current and emerging International Financial Reporting Standards
- Maintenance of Fixed Assets Register
- Monthly CBN Returns and Queries
- Any other duties as may be assigned
Candidate’s Knowledge and Attributes
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in the financial service industry especially in Commercial/Microfinance Banks operating in Nigeria.
- Strong accounting bias with deep knowledge of financial accounting and regulations
- Candidate must have sound knowledge of the International Financial Reporting Standards especially relating to financial instruments
- Successful candidates must be self-driven, very energetic, highly resourceful and versatile with exceptional leadership capabilities
- Candidate must also have the ability to develop financial models and use the models to analyze business opportunities and risks
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, self-confidence, strong conceptual and presentation skills
- First degree in Accountancy, Finance, Economics or any related numerate discipline with a minimum of second class or its equivalent.
- Professional certification especially in ACCA or ACA
- M.Sc. or MBA will be an added advantage.
Key Performance Indicators
- Zero regulatory infraction
- Timely and accurate Reporting
- Prompt adaptation to new requirements.