Jumia Group is a leading global incubator of start-ups. We started operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple successful companies, such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car, Jumia Services.
- As Manager, Controlled Fleet, you will have the responsibility to lead and direct the functional outbound departments within the fulfillment center to achieve key goals & objectives within a high volume, high SKU base direct to consumer, multi-distribution fulfillment center
- This position is responsible for constantly ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction, employee relations, financial cost controls, safety & security and continuous improvement of throughput and efficiencies throughout the outbound and delivery process.
In particular you will:
- Accelerate and increase reliability of fulfilment time of directly controlled delivery fleet
- Manage carrier delivery performance and service improvements in accordance with department KPIs/initiatives. This includes on-time delivery, condition of shipment, and damage claims reduction.
- Maintain direct and daily communications with Carriers, including the tracking of Jumia Shipments and provide daily report to the Head of Ops of any outstanding shipments and ETAs.
- Manage and control all outbound freight expenses in accordance with department KPIs/objectives. This includes determining most cost-efficient carriers and modes of transportation to deliver goods while meeting expected service levels.
- Partner with Direct to Consumer and hub managers on establishing optimized outbound routing for ecommerce orders (including returns) and work with carriers on peak season forecasts/programs.
- Manage strategic relationships with multiple external partners (3PL warehouse & last-mile delivery providers) and instil principles of metrics driven operational excellence
- Track deliveries and ensures service levels at Last Mile Hub
- Assess potential of new/innovative hub model (especially in Lagos)
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements and cost-saving opportunities.
- Manage, motivate, train, develop and appraise delivery team in order to meet total customer service and delivery objective
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's or better Degree in Logistics /Supply Chain Management or related field.
- Minimum of 6 or more years of distribution, transportation management and/or supply chain experience with a career path showing increasing responsibility in outbound logistics.
- 3 years of progressive experience in fulfillment and logistics.
- Experienced working with 3rd party fulfilment for B2C and B2B orders required.
- Knowledge of tracking, tracing shipment reconsignment/return and storage/redelivery.
- Knowledge of outbound logistics and carrier operations.
- Well-developed analytical skills with reference to merchandise, vendors and freight; identification and development of transportation trends; transportation systems operations; and expense control efforts.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.