The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) one of the 11 privatized Electricity Distribution companies in Nigeria that operates in the following states; Kogi, Niger, Nasarawa and Abuja, is presently recruiting for the position below:
- Drives best practice, continuous improvement and innovation at process and procedure level within Risk and Compliance function as well as utilize appropriate models for analyzing potential risks to the business, taking a 360 degree view of the company’s risk profile.
- Leads and coordinates risk identification (strategic and operational risks) and assessments, facilitating the prioritization of risks and the identification of risk owners.
- Liaises constantly with Senior Management and Directors on various risk matters especially tracking ownership and mitigation of risk items identified.
- Facilitates on-going enterprise-wide risk assessments and mitigation of risks as well as ownership in all business units in line with the company Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework including facilitated workshops and interviews with Senior Management.
- Networks and fosters firm relationships with internal and external stakeholders and develops a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Generates and submits timely risk reports in an appropriate manner to different audiences. Also, ensures preparation of ERM reports to stakeholders when required.
- Aligns operational targets to business strategy and assists the General Manager, Corporate & Business Risk in establishing and implementing structures to comply with the company’s Risk Management Framework in conjunction with the Business Units across AEDC.
- Generates reports, presentations to highlight the effects of risks and suggest changes to the management based on the solutions to adopt newer strategies to overcome the risks.
- Updates risk items identified on risk management system and gathers data on all risk related projects.
- Creates, applies and fine-tunes procedures, processes and systems to enhance effectiveness and meet organizational goals, and ensures implementation and maintenance of business risk management policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the development of risk management policies and procedures benchmarking local and international risk management strategies and best practices; and analyzes local conditions, as well as competitor activities to create competitive advantage.
- Contributes to the development and execution of plans to embed risk management culture in conjunction with the Business Units across the company, in alignment with the ERM Framework, and the implementation of improvements to risk management capabilities within Business Units in AEDC.
- Makes valuable input into the development and implementation of all the Company’s Risk Management Frameworks, processes and procedures which includes Enterprise Risk Management, Insurance Risk Management, Crisis Risk Management, Business Continuity Management, Fraud Risk Management, and Information Security Risk Management in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Provides Capacity Building for AEDC staff to foster company-wide risk awareness and ownership as well as competency in risk identification, assessment and reporting.
Education Knowledge & Experience
Minimum Qualification Required:
- A First Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Management, Economics, Engineering or / and natural Sciences
Additional Qualification Required:
- An MBA
- Professional Risk Management Qualification would be an added advantage
Minimum Experience Required:
- In addition to general work experience, minimum of 6 years of practical experience in an industry/commercial entity with experience in the development and implementation of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Programme and Business Continuity Management (BCM) Plans.
- A strong background in managing business risk or risk-based auditing.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in supervising/managing others in ERM related function.
- Result-oriented with ‘a can do’ attitude
- Good interpersonal relationship
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Business performance measurement and management
- Stakeholders relation management
- Business process improvement
- Tenacious, highly motivated and resilient individual
- Team worker with the ability to drive cross-functional KPIs development & implementation
- Computer and information technology appreciation
- Power sector business savvy
The Cover Letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4,
Abuja, FCT - Nigeria
Attention: The Director, Corporate Services.
- Only soft copy of applications will be treated.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.