Stresert Services Limited - Our client, a downstream Oil & Gas Organization, is currently recruiting to fill the position above.
- Branding & Corporate Communications
Group Managing Director:
- Corporate Communications Officer
- To manage the organization's identity and improve product sales and market share by making sure the organization's advertising and marketing activities send out the right image, creating brand guidelines and ensuring the guidelines are adhered by.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engages with Executive Management and relevant parties (eg. Consultants) to develop a unique brand identity that would be recognised by employees, customers and other publics
- Works with Executive Management to formulate a Brand & Corporate Communications strategy that will support the organization’s corporate goals and targets and drives its implementation
- Proposes, manages and controls the Brand & Corporate Communications budget
- Develops, obtains approval and implements programmes and initiatives to promote the organization’s brand nationally and internationally
- Liaises with external brand consultants on critical branding initiatives
- Advises management on issues related to the company's corporate reputation and recommends appropriate responses / course of action
- Advises Executive Management on market indicators, product design, pricing and product performance
- Coordinates new product launches (both internal and external)
- Monitors product distribution and consumer reactions through focus groups and market research
- Provides technical branding support and guidance in the organisation of the Company’s public events (road shows, product launches, customer fora etc.)
- Develops and implements appropriate research and monitoring programme to track the organization’s brand’s performance and recommend actions to address identified issues
- Makes informed decisions on brand development, supports new brand activities and ensures the brand values and culture are reflected accurately
- Liaises with Risk, Legal and Compliance personnel, to ensure the brand is registered for trademark and intellectual property rights where necessary and that this value is understood
- Ensures the marketing communications plan for the brand includes internal and external customers through strong stakeholder planning
- Oversees the design and production of marketing collateral and promotional programmes eg. adverts, online campaigns, corporate websites and liaises with the relevant suppliers to deliver them
- Provides support to the Human Capital department to develop and implement the employer branding strategy and associated programmes
- Provides support to the Human Capital department to develop, explore options and execute the employee communications and engagement programmes. Ensures they are consistent and integrated into the overall branding and communications strategy and imperatives
- Manages the consistent and accurate delivery of key business messages to defined audiences
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of the wider policy and practice environment that affects the oil and gas industry and advises management on the implications for the brand.
- Minimum of 6 years combined experience in the Marketing/Corporate Communications of a Group business and Marketing or Branding Agency with at least 3 years in a management role.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree / HND in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Social Sciences, or any other relevant discipline.
- A relevant MBA / Master's Degree with a specialist focus on Marketing.
Skills and Competencies
- Corporate identity management
- Crisis management
- Company profiling
- Product design and branding
- Marketing communications
- Media relations
- Reputation management
- Events management
- Communication (written, verbal and presentation)
- Relationship management
- Conflict management
Key Performance Metrics (Performance Area & Performance Indicators)
- Independent market assessment of brand strength
- Positive employee ratings on brand perception (affiliation and advocacy)
- Positive external stakeholders ratings on brand affiliation
- The effectiveness of media relations
- Quality of public events and sponsorships
- Feedback from recipients of Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives
- Timeliness & Cost-effectiveness of budgets
- Variance between planned and actual budgets
- Ability to work within allocated Headcount
- The effectiveness of performance in relation to people management including attendance, turnover and other relevant metrics)
- Performance in relation to people development eg. Training
- Clarity & Completeness of Communications
- Feedback got from various stakeholders
- Cost-effectiveness in an adopted communications system.
- Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications using 'MBCC' as the subject of the application.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.