The Role Profile
- Monitor, coordinate and oversee the physical operations of the assigned assets of the company. This is a non-financial role; the Asset Manager oversees the Asset Team to the source, register, assign, and maintain the company’s physical assets/inventory. Should possess a strong work ethic, effective leadership style and critical thinking required to manage a diverse asset team of operations associates, drivers and technicians.
- Experience or certification in Production and Inventory Management.
- Hands-on experience with sourcing and procurement.
- Strong knowledge of maintenance procedures and practices
- Strong skills with logistics computer programs
- Proficiency in applicable sourcing and vendor management software.
- Excellent negotiation and networking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, or relevant fields
- Solid knowledge of advanced security systems and warehouse management software
- Great problem-solving skills and Critical thinking
- Strong leadership style
- Attention to detail.
The Key Functions
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Asset Management–Overseeing asset management, the team and the users/ leaders of the assets to ensure optimum property and department performance
- Monitor and track asset usage levels, review leasing incentives and comparable companies to maintain a continued awareness of market trends
- Provide assistance to management in identifying and resolving usage issue
- Recommend asset management or user corrective action as needed.
- Develop and compile operating budgets
- Review monthly reports and financial implications, analyze performance against budget, research variances, recommend and implement operational changes to meet performance objectives
- Identify and implement opportunities for refinancing.
- Managing asset /portfolio risk management and compliance activities
- Monitor, interpret and implement changes in regulatory requirements for assets
- Ensure the insurance needs of the assets are met.
- Review legal documents and prepare, negotiate and monitor master leases with users.
- Work collaboratively with departments to determine the proposed user population and usage projects, level of staffing required, space planning, market conditions, financial obligations and other criteria which influence asset.
- Collaborate with relevant teams and third parties to ensure timely product delivery.
- Use metrics and implement automated solutions to streamline processes.
- Identify the need for adjustments to Distribution Requirement Plans
- Monitor Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) levels.
- Document step-by-step procedures for the supply planning process.
- Re-engineer best practices to improve productivity and reduce waste.
- Train the appropriate teams for the implementation of best practices.
- Collaborate with finance, sales, and asset team to develop processes and select vendors for new products.
- Establish effective feedback loops between each process owner (e.g. vendors, suppliers, packers, and shippers) in the supply chain.
- Stocking, Storage and Maintenance–Overseeing the physical condition including stocking, maintenance and capital needs of assigned assets/portfolio
- Track maintenance issues and ensure they are resolved in a timely, cost-effective manner
- Budget, assess, schedule, and coordinate capital improvement and/or maintenance requirements.
- Responsible for disposition and repositioning planning as needed
- Develop and implement plans for major programmatic or structural changes for assigned properties that are underperforming, including disposition, change in ownership structures, reinvestment, or debt restructuring, as needed
- Monitor the shipment, receipt, storage, and distribution of assets within the garage and store
- Implement best practices for storage.
- Recruit, select, and provide orientation for new members of the team.
- Ensure that product orders are fulfilled.
- Maintain the security of the garages and store.
- Ensure the garage and store is kept organized, neat, and clean.
- Make sure that each order and merchandise are handled properly.
- Address any performance issues within the team (e.g. productivity).
- Provide reports to management.
Education and Qualifications Requirements
- Degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain, Logistics or equivalent degree
- 8+ years’ experience in logistics, operations, supply chain management, asset and facility management, preferably in a supervisory role.
- An individual with international experience will be an added advantage.
- This is a full-time position, based in Lekki Phase 1, Lagos State. The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience,