Subsea 7 is a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry. We provide cost-effective technical solutions to enable the delivery of complex projects in all water depths and challenging environments.
Vacancy reference: 58598
- The Management Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager.
- He/she is vested with the responsibility to assist the Manager/Department in the discharge of his day to day tasks.
- This role shall be executed within the utmost respect of Company’s procedures, Code of Business Conduct and Core Values.
- All personnel is expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Organize, run and monitor the closing process monthly, quarterly and annually, including the collating of any required accounts
- Manage the regular reporting and management information requirements of the designated area of responsibility
- Preparation of monthly variance analysis and explanations of variances between actual results to budget to date and to full-year forecasts
- Produce analyses of various performance indicators required by internal management and shareholders
- Provides input to budget and accountable for controlling costs
- Supervises the Account Payables Cycle
- Follow-up with Vendors on a day to day issues
- Liaise with SCM and Projects on Vendors related matters,
- Reconcile vendors account and GR/IR account,
- Ensures all payments are properly approved and supported by appropriate documentary evidence
- Liaise with Relevant Tax Authorities on a day to day operations,
- Ensure consistent compliance with local tax filing requirements
- Prepare the documentation needed during various monitoring exercise
- Participate in the preparation of the tax returns (including corporate income tax, VAT…)
- Work closely with Finance/Accounting teams on matters impacting tax
- Keep up to date with tax issues and changes in Nigeria
- Work on tax audits (preparation of the documentation requested by tax authorities, liaise with corporate tax team and external advisors, reconciliation…)
- Participate in the preparation of the tax reporting
- Operate within the Code of Conduct
- Operate according to Subsea 7’s Management Principles
- Support standards and procedures for the Finance Function
Key Relationships/ Stakeholders
- External Auditors
- Tax advisors
- Regulatory & Tax Authorities
- Project Team (Cost Control, contract…)
- Treasury Team
- General Accounts
- Global Finance
- A University Graduate (BSc) or HND Graduate in Accounting/Finance.
- Relevant work experience in a related field
- Chartered Accountant
- Highly motivated and ability to work under pressure,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Pro-active and positive to changes and challenges,
- Strong organization, analytical, and project management skills,
- Ability to approach problems from a commercial perspective,
- Enjoy building relationships in a team-oriented environment,
- Experienced multitasker, with a focus on effective prioritization,
- Ability to utilize knowledge and previous experience to contribute and assist in meeting the Group’s objectives,
- Good command of Pack office / SAP,
- Upholds Subsea 7’s core values and reputation both internally and externally: Safety, Integrity, Innovation, Performance, and Collaboration.