Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a Makeup trainer, you will be responsible for training and developing makeup artists in the art of makeup application, you will be required to share your expertise and re-shape the face of our makeup professionals.
- You must be comfortable teaching a range of techniques and sub-categories of makeup artistry, different makeup products textures and the best application tips and tricks relative with the textures.
- You must be skilled in handling special occasions like weddings, proms, photo-shoots. And even red carpet events etc.
- As a beauty artist’s trainer, you’re expected to create curriculums and keep track of professional development of all makeup artists.
- This position gives you the rare opportunity to continue expressing yourself artistically, while also helping to pave the future of the field you love, exploring premium, multi makeup brands.
- You will be required to formulate ideas and innovations in line with the brands and business concept that will improve the artistic level of our makeup artists and drive sales.
- Great expertise in makeup and color composition.
- Skillful with application of makeup on different types of faces, eyes, and skin colors.
- Skillful with various makeup types such as bridal, theatrical, and fashion makeup.
- Relevant experience in make-up artistry.
- Passionate about cosmetics and have typically spent time in the field as a Makeup Artist, which means your metaphorical makeup bag is filled with all the tricks of the trade, you’re artistic and articulate in Makeup artistry,
- Ensuring continuity in make-up and liaising with other members of the design team to ensure the overall look/effect is consistent and coherent
- Demonstrating and implementing a practical understanding of lighting, the photographic process, colors and the impact of special effects/make-up processes on the skin
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of available make-up and beauty trends.
- Sourcing, budgeting and ordering materials and equipment from specialist suppliers.
- Time management/Multi-task ability.
- Taking detailed notes and photographs of work, maintaining an up-to-date portfolio of work.
- Fluent in English speaking
- Very good communication skills and a good team player.
- Color correction skills
- Skin analysis and care skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer skills
- Hard-working and excellent with time management.
- Quality organizing and managerial skills.(people management)
- Perform other duties relevant to the job as requested
- Minimum of B.Sc. from any field of study.
- Relevant certification in makeup artistry,
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience in Makeup managerial position
- Minimum of 4 years working with different makeup brands.
- Working experience with international brands is an added advantage.
- Formal makeup education/certification preferred but not required.