Beamco Nigeria Limited is a 100% Nigerian-owned Company that was incorporated in 1980. Our Board of Directors consists of Nigerian professionals with vast experience in a wide range of businesses, engineering fields and sectors. They lead a team of highly motivated, well trained, mostly Nigerian workforce, of over 300 in the various branches and divisions.
- He should also be able to carry out minor breakdown maintenance of these machines. He must be able to record and document the work carried out on a daily basis.
- He must be HSE knowledgeable and fully compliant. He must carry out housekeeping of the worksite on a daily basis.
- He must take proper care of all the tools and equipment he uses. He must have a good attitude towards the job, as well as function well with the team.
- Rework or machine new components to required tolerance, based on Drawings/sketches or sample parts/ mating part.
- competent with various measuring tools like, Vernier Calipers, Depth caliper/ micrometer, ID/OD micrometers, Dial gauges, Combination set, feeler gauges etc.
- Read and understand, component drawings/sketches.
- He should be able to carry out the necessary layout, precision marking prior to machining.
- Monitor the quality control of manufactured parts prior to assembly of equipment.
- Work with Lead Technician/ Supervisors and other team members to carry out complete overhauls or installation and commissioning of various types of centrifugal pumps and compressors, reciprocating and screw compressors in addition to blowers in workshop, this also includes bearings and mechanical seal change-outs
- Dynamically balance rotors and fans according to ISO 1940
- He must be responsible for all the tools he uses, and take good care of them when required he will carry out PMs, on tools and workshop machines.
- He must be HSE knowledgeable and demonstrate a safe working culture at all times.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience as Turner/Machinist.
- Previous experience and /or trainings with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)/ OEM reps, is a plus
- Previous experience in mechanical or assembly work of rotating equipment is a plus.
- Good mechanical ability and manual skillfulness is essential
- Welding experience is a plus
- HSE trainings/ First - aid/ Fire-fighting training a plus.
- Rigging/banksman/crane operation a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret Component drawings of equipment.
- Ability to read, and interpret manuals and instructions.
- Ability to use electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and hand tools
- Ability to use precision measurement tools such as micrometers and other related measurement tools.
- Ability to carry out all dimensional checks and assist in preparing accurate and timely reports
- Ability to prepare JRA for his task, and participate in the TBMs.
- Basic slinger/rigging skills.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.