A Logistic and distribution manager organise the storage and distribution of goods. In this role you would ensure the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost. He is especially responsible for monitoring deliveries, ensuring customer satisfaction and maintaining accurate logs of all transportation and goods. You may be involved in transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of goods.
- As a logistics and distribution manager you'll need to:
- Use IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs;
- Develop business by gaining new contracts, analysing logistical problems and producing new solutions;
- Liaise and negotiate with customers and suppliers
- Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs
- Continually try to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures.
- Work on new supply strategies
- Motivate other members of the team
- Set objectives, plan and manage project.
- You may also be required to assist clients with product selection and pricing, improve transportation routes and other duties as may be assign by the company
Logistics and operational manager job is open to all graduates but a degree, HND or foundation degree in subject areas below will serve as an added advantage:
transport, distribution or logistics, Business management,
He must also be able to work as part of a team in a fast paced and pressured environment, communicating effectively with both colleagues and clients and following verbal and written instructions.
He must be able to efficiently solve problems relating to sales, finance and transportation of goods in locations both national and overseas.