Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Position Type: Regular
- S/he will handle contracting, transport, shipping, requisitions, inventory, and other logistics tasks and provides support to the sub-offices’ and projects’ administration on procurement related matters.
- Support inventory management of all expendable and non-expendable items under the projects
- Initiate regular warehouse physical inventory counting and prepare reports on it
- Provide regular submission of logistics and assets, in particular fleet management reports
- Follow up pre-shipment inspection waiver, etc. from the relevant shippers and authorities
- Follow up tax exemptions from the relevant authorities
- Inspect goods received to ensure their quantity and quality and approved acceptance
- Follow-up the payment of goods and services invoices and bills, and advise Accounts on terms and conditions of contract relating to supply of goods and services to ensure that payments are made as agreed
- Ensure the completeness and chronological filling of L.P. O’s and Request for Payments
- Ensure 24 hours’ feedback to staff on completeness of PR’s submitted and prompt feedback on delivery of items,
- Maintain and update individual vendor files and update the Manual Procurement Status Report,
- Ensuring new vendors and Consultant’s fill vendor questionnaires with all the required documentations attached and do Bridger checks on them
- Request for Quotations, ensure vendor’s sign L.P. O’s and follow up with the prompt delivery of items
- Manage travel requirements of staff
- Ensure the effectiveness of the supply system and appropriate assets management
- Execute necessary contracting, transport, shipping, requisitions, inventory, monitoring and other logistics tasks in strong coordination with other respective units.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Initiate assets tagging, verification, maintenance, monitoring and write-off/disposal as may be appropriate in compliance with established rules and procedures
- Initiate customs clearance of imported supplies, materials, equipment and/or vehicles for all CARE’S assets held by projects
- Monitor life-cycle/shelf-life of assets and equipment
- Monitor all sub-equipment accounts to ensure there is no waste, fraud or misuse of equipment or materials and that surplus or excessive stocks of equipment are not being held
- Support function of warehousing within CARE Maiduguri operations and produce official release and receiving documents
- Minimum of first degree in Administration, Supply Chain Management, Management or Business or equivalent experience or a combination of education and work experience
- Familiarity with basic finance or accounting practices will be an added advantage
Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the CARE’s values and ethical standards
- Good understanding of CARE business, operational environment and its program participants and donors
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to remain calm, in control and good humor even under pressure
- Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook (or similar software); Good knowledge of Administrative systems, practice, policies and procedures.
- Fluency in English and Hausa is required.
- Familiar with donor rules and regulations (EU, USAID, ECHO, CIDA etc.)
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
- Strong level of initiative to provide independent follow through on processing issues and concerns.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities,
- Ability to demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Ability to promote integrity and business ethics; demonstrate mature judgment, trust and open communication.
- Ability to ensure effective team work, collaborative behavior and build team spirit
- Ability to develop collaborative and harmonious relationship with external partners and clients at the senior level.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications and systems
- Previous experience working with an INGO or a Development organization.
- Excellent analytical skill, good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work without supervision
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.