Reports to Business Service Manager
HOD Operations Director
- Manage land, marine and air logistics aspects of operations, complying with the requirements of the laws
- Developing/issuing and implementing travel plans, journey management procedure, & emergency response plan for all movements.
- Maintain operational effectiveness and minimize risk to life, property and the environment by ensuring full functionality of provided transport means and security measures
- Provide TWP’s, logistics and security of all expatriates working in/with RMC
- Responsible for the maintenance of all company issued vehicles.
- Arrangement of berthing facilities and liaison and coordination for the berthing of leased vessels
- Plan incoming and outgoing vessel traffic to ensure access to dock and quayside areas and ensure berthing areas are available as needed
- Liaise with Field Engineers to ensure supervision of the loading/unloading of vessels, arranging the necessary stevedoring, pilot, pilot boats, mooring gang where necessary
- The monitoring of third-party supplier materials and supplies to vessels under charter
- Managing Freight Forwarding and Customs Clearance contracts, coordinating activities in order
- to improve efficiency of the logistics processes, and ensure that materials and equipment are delivered to and customs cleared at their destination with efficiency and in a time frame that meets project schedule requirements
- Monitor, through feed-back, vessels, road transport means and contractors performances and costs; identify areas of improvement and optimization
Bachelor’s degree, or M.sc degree in, Supply Chain Management,
Logistics, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Minimum of 4 years cognate experience in related industry
- Technically strong in project cost planning, scheduling and reporting.
- Strong vessel market knowledge
- PMP credential is an advantage.
- Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills;
- Organization and Teaming Skills to lead purchasing efforts;
- Project Management Skills
- Strong Negotiation Skill;
- Time Management Skills;
- Strong Problem-Solving Skills;
- Strong Decision Making
- Action Planning, and Prioritization Skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to travel domestic and international (up to 50%)
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Logistics, Distribution
- and Supply Chain Management
- In-depth understanding of the trends, challenges, opportunities,
- regulations and legislations relating to the oil & gas industry
- Detailed and optimum attention to detail, self-motivated, very proactive, Keen analytical mind, natural inquisitiveness, result orientated, strong integrity, change management proficiency, dedicated, business and financial acumen
- Relevant professional certification in Purchasing and Supply Chain
- Management or Logistics and supply Chain Management. Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) or Association of
- Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA) is an added advantage