Project Overview and Role
IHP is an Integrated Health Program with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and support rapid scale-up of proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening of health systems. It will focus its support for service delivery in six intervention areas, family planning, malaria, routine immunization, nutrition, maternal/newborn health, and treatment of childhood pneumonia/diarrhea.
- To manage travels, hotels, movement of goods belonging to IHP. He/She also manages the fixed assets of the projects and ensures that the inventory of consumables and fixed asset register are comprehensive and up to date.
- Performs inventory control
- Coordinate travels of Project personnel and consultants
- Support the Operations Officer to generate Purchase Requisition and RFQ for procurements
- Provides the logistics support required for meetings, trainings and workshops
- Assists in management of Field Office assets, premises, supplies, publications, facilities, and logistic services as required
- Manages the reception and access control to the office
- Performs any other duty that may be assigned from time to time
- Reports to the IT/Operations Officer.
- The Logistics Assistant should have a minimum of Bachelor's Degree or its equivalents with at least two years cognate experience in managing procurements, logistics and fixed assets in an international organization, preferably in the development sector
- He/She should be familiar with USAID Rules, Regulations and Policies
- Ability to speak the local languages and possession of higher degree in the social science are added advantages