He/She must be able to:
- Analyze nonperforming and impaired or potentially nonperforming and impaired transaction which includes financial and legal due diligence and analysis.
- Monitors recovery agents to ensure accounts assigned to them are fully recovered.
- Prepare corporate recovery plans to include recommendations on when to realize losses, release any rights/security interests and make material changes in transactions.
- Formulate a plan of detail actions of written-off loans form previous and current years.
- Work closely with the Credit and Recovery manager and branch managers to identify the root cause of loan delinquency, operational weaknesses and recommend changes to improve the quality of the portfolio.
- Daily call memo and progress report on negotiations with debtors in respect of repayment of indebtedness.
- Liaise with external solicitors to ensure that cases referred to them for legal action are handled with efficiency.
- Support the legal department of the Bank when necessary.
- Prompt identification of unauthorized balances and follow up with branches on early warning and remedial action on newly created PDOs in the branch.
- Monitors and recovers PDO's loans in the branches.
- Law degree from a recognized institution with a minimum of 2:1
- Ability to communicate with local authorities and legal / court members in an articulate and professional manner.