Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislation. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Plan and ensure the effective implementation of the Nutrition program
- Coordinates all NUTRITION related field work, including community mobilization, beneficiary identification/registration, distributions, referrals, case management and monitoring.
- Supervises establishment of CMAM centres.
- Coordinates effectively beneficiary targeting according to established vulnerability criteria.
- Coordinate distribution procedures, including documentation, approval and actual food supplement distribution.
- Training team on NUTRITION requirements and SOPs
- Maintain all documentation relating directly to Nutrition activities, required to ensure accountability to DRC and donors.
- Coordinates administrative matters relating directly to Nutrition activities: time-sheets, payment schedules, required paper-work and liaison with the finance department.
- Coordinates administrative matters relating to Nutrition activities including reconciliation with Warehouse team post distributions.
- Ensures effective program reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems for both internal and external use in coordination with the other program staff.
- Prepares monthly cash requirement forecast for Nutrition activities.
- Provide information on Nutrition activities as requested by the Livelihoods Manager.
- Coordinates the orientation for all new staff on Nutrition.
- Coordinate with DRC Security Officer and Livelihood Manager on any threats to DRC staff and activities; promptly reporting incidents/security threats or interference in areas of operation.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to DRC and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- And any other duties assigned to him/her by the Livelihoods Manager
To be successful in this role we expect you to. All employees should master DRC's core competencies:
- Taking the lead
- Striving for excellence and
- Demonstrating integrity.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- BA/BSc in Nutrition, Food Science or related; 1-3 years of experience working on the development, implementation, administration and compliance of a field-based international development or humanitarian program; general program management experience required.
- Prior experience implementing NUTRITION with an INGO is preferred.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to identify beneficiaries according to criteria required.
- Experience with running assessments, monitoring and evaluation required.
- Experience representing the organization and its interests to a diverse range of local and international government officials, local civil society organizations, other international organizations, the media and the public.
- Commitment to renewing and maintaining knowledge of best practices
- Demonstrated training and facilitation experience
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated strengths in analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written skills and computer skills
- Fluency in English
- Contract length: 3 Months(Renewable)
- Level: SB2B- NM-G
- Start date: ASAP