INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
General context of the project
- A high number of towns and cities have been burned and destroyed. Social services and amenities have also been destroyed and are now non-existent. Agricultural activities which used to be the source of food security and livelihoods among the rural communities of the North East are no longer existent. Joint military operations by Cameroun, Nigeria, Chad and Niger have resulted in the liberation of 15 LGAs.
Tasks and responsibilities
- The Livelihood office will provide field activity supervision. He/She should promotevalues participatory approaches throughout the project cycle (identification of beneficiaries, awareness raising and sensitisation, Livelihood project activities, Pre and Post Activities Monitoring (PDM) as well as monitoring and evaluation under direct supervision of Livelihood Coordinator. During absence of Livelihood Coordinator, the position will be wholly accountable for project under direct supervision of PM (National / Expatriate).
- Facilitate INTERSOS staff, donors’ program staff visiting in field and other key stakeholders for a coordinated implementation of project activities
- Monitor all Livelihood-related activities, including Natural Resource Management, Crop Production, Income Generation activities, Small scale Agricultural Marketing Strategy, Post-Harvest Management, Poultry Farming, Food for Assets activities etc
- Formation of Livelihood project committees
- Conducting project awareness session
- Line management for the Livelihood Project Assistants / casual worker / enumerator working for specific livelihood project activities
- Coordinate, supervise and manage the INTERSOS livelihood project implementation as per plan and REPORTING;
- Participate and Provide primary level information / Assessment / Analysis timely & accurately;
- Ensure adherence to INTERSOS policies, guidance and procedures at field level;
- Provide Livelihood sectoral reports to the Livelihood Project Manager / Coordinator as required;
- Provide regular project progress reports to the Field Coordinator;
- Manage & utilize project budget as per provide limitation for specific activities ensuring transparency and documentation in time;
- Follow up as per provided / guided technical direction for the Livelihood activities and ensure high technical quality of project;
- Ensure that the project targets the beneficiaries that are most vulnerable and most in need;
- Participate in monitoring, PDMs / assessment / verification process with PM;
- Ensure to enhance own capacity building by identifying need to immediate supervisor;
- Implement other tasks as might be required with relation to the INTERSOS Country Program in Nigeria.
- B.Sc. Degree in Agricultural Science / Engineering, Animal Science, Veterinary Medicine or international development;
- Minimum 3 years of experience from at national level project implementation position in a humanitarian / recovery context;
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Technical Livelihood knowledge of Natural Resources Management, Crop Production, Water & Irrigation Management, Poultry Production, Animal breeding & brooding, Post-Harvest Management, SAMS and WFP Food for Assets program;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Experience in leadership and problem solving;
- Fluency in English, Hausa;
- Capacity to adapt to basic living conditions;
- Ability to put up with job pressure;
- Ability to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- INTERSOS reserve the right to transfer position as per need / project demand any time during the project. Position will be based in one of the base and INTERSOS will provided basic and shared accommodation – Banki / Gamboru/Ngala
- Staff will be responsible to cater for their food at duty station;
- For any sort of field / official visit, travel to & from will be responsibility of INTERSOS including food allowance but travelling from home to duty station will be staff own responsibility (in some cases facilitation could be provided as per urgency)
- No TA/DA will be provided for the field work for which staff will be appointed;
- Other Terms & Condition will be part of Job Contract; The advertised position is subject to availability of funds.