FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. FHI360 is collaborating with AHNI on RANA project management and we are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position above.
- The Reading and Numeracy Activity (RANA) is a UNICEF-funded early primary grade reading pilot project implemented in partnership with FHI 360 in collaboration with the governments of Katsina and Zamfara states. RANA aims to improve literacy and numeracy for girls and boys in primary grades 1-3 in the supported states. It will assist approximately 100 formal Schools and Integrated Qur'anic Schools (IQS) in each of the states.
- Literacy Coordinator will coordinate the Hausa Language reading materials content development for continuous professional development of early primary grade teachers with integrated numeracy and gender contents.
- H/She will be responsible for the educational program planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of the reading interventions implemented by AHNi and its partners in the assigned States.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- Advanced Degree in education with a concentration in early grade reading, literacy, language acquisition and non-formal education or related field. At least 5 to 7 years' experience in education reform with a focus on primary education sector work in language acquisition and/or child literacy or reading especially in the Hausa Language. certification as a reading/literacy specialist preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with government, partners and/or local government structures and school settings.
- Proven expertise in mother tongue (Li), early grade reading instruction and/or assessment and reading material development, preferably in the Hausa Language.
- Significant experience in developing and producing supplementary reading materials, workbooks, trainers’ and teachers’ guides and instructional material Is to improve early grades reading.
- Has the ability to coordinate reading interventions, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities
- Strong leadership qualities and facilitation skills, experience in working with teachers to improve practice
- Experience in project reporting
- Demonstrable knowledge of research-based best practices in content-area reading skills and strategies and literacy instruction
- Experience/preparation in modelling teaching, observing teachers, and providing feedback.
- Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resume (CV's) as a single document and Position with location clearly stated in the Subject column.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Only applications sent electronically (by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.