GigaLayer is empowering businesses and individuals with tools and services to support their online presence. We are doing this by building a foundation of incredible technology & design in the hosting industry and most importantly we are just getting started.
We are consistently faced with the unexpected. That’s why we have never been afraid to reinvent ourselves, and embraces change. Our success is the result of our talented employees taking big risks. What has stayed the same for the last 4 years, is our dedication to outstanding customer service and the values on which GigaLayer was built: trust, security, integrity, quality, respect and commitment to service.
About the position:
We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain our servers and to handle immediate issues, network uptime and more, together with our pool of engineers and administrators.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
The Responsibilities are:
- Install and configure Linux servers.
- Manage sever configurations and firewalls
- Manage network stability and abuse reports.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages.
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls.
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models.
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies.
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies.
Our Requirements are:
- Proven experience as a Linux Administrator or similar role.
- Experience with Linux-distros, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (eg intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery.
- Ability to create scripts in Perl and Bash or other system admin language.
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms.
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification will be a plus (eg RHCSA Certification)