Job Description & Responsibilities
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Developing plans for student care based on assessment, interventions, and identification of outcomes, and the evaluation of care
- Providing health-related education to students and staff in both individual and group settings
- Monitoring immunizations, managing communicable diseases, and assessing the school environment as to prevent injury and ensure safety
- Overseeing infection control measures
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions
- Overseeing medication administration, health care procedures, and the development of healthcare plans
- Overseeing vision, hearing, body mass index, and mental health screening procedures
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Making decisions related to the delegation of healthcare tasks as directed by state laws and professional practice guidance
Qualification & Requirements
· Registered Nurse or a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. Double qualification in any relevant field such as RM, A&E, ENT, Psychiatric, Paediatric, Orthopaedic/Trauma, Ophthalmic, Anesthetic, Public Health, Occupational Health Nursing.
- Minimum of 3 years cognitive experience in Hospital or a School.
- BLS, CPR and ACLS certification
- Professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills.
- Knowledge of state health regulations
- Proficient with Healthcare Management Systems and Microsoft Office Suite