Carlcare Development Nigeria Limited, a subsidiary of Transsion Holdings (formerly known as TECNO Telecom Limited), is currently recruiting to fill the position above.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Liaise with company lawyers in the drafting of contracts, review of contracts and preparation of court case files
- Oversee lawsuits, act as chief litigator. Attend to court cases on behalf of company
- Liaise with company lawyers in all court matters
- Participate in the development of policies and regulations relating to our company
Regulatory & Compliance Responsibilities:
- Ensure the company fills out and submits all its legal paperwork
- Carry out NCC Type Approval Registrations of company’s mobile phones;
- Carry out SON Products registrations of the Company’s products;
- Keep records of and notify all Business Units of the progress of Type Approval Registrations and SON Product registrations;
- Follow up on Company’s Intellectual Property Registrations;
- Follow up on lottery related matters on behalf of the Company;
- Follow up on other industry related compliance requirements
- Taking of meeting minutes and preparation of reports to management
- Maintain a good record of contracts, MOUs and Legal documents
- Maintain all records and documentation of the legal department;
- Carry out other functions as may be assigned.
- Manage the legal budget to get the most services for the least money
- Be conscious of the needs of the company’s management
- Stay informed about what is going on at the company
- Understand the business and the industry
- Stay proactive
- Handle internal and external legal concerns
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in Law from a good university
- Between 3-5 years post call work experience.
Required Qualities and Attributes:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good judgement
- Must not be older than 32 Years old as at December 2018.
- Ability to work with confidential information
- Ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office applications.
- Strong understanding of corporate law and procedures will be a bonus