Huawei is a leading global ICT solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one-third of the world's population.
- Identify and analyse the company’s exposure to legal risks arising from transaction and/or operation, give accurate and timely counsel to the relevant department in various legal topics and related areas (public procurement, industrial legislation and policies, transaction risk control, ICT compliance, corporate financing).
- Draft, review, negotiate and provide legal opinions on agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights.
- Collaborate with management and/or other departments to devise efficient defence strategies, research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues.
- Contact with external solicitors/lawyers to take legal advice on areas relevant to the company from appropriate legal contacts.
- Maintain and distribute updated knowledge of alterations in legislation and policies in the industry or other areas regarding the business.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Minimum of Six (6) years proven experience as a legal counsel in the business environment and in-depth understanding of how legal issues and legislation/policies affect organisations/ foreign-owned enterprise.
- Qualified to practice Law in Nigeria, with a strong academic background and recognised experience in a law firm;
- Self-starter and with ability to work collaboratively with other staff in legal and other departments.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage time effectively, and willingness to work outside normal working hours including weekends and evenings if essential or emergency
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Proficiency in office software, and capable of independently designing PowerPoint.
- Based in Abuja/Lagos, Nigeria and can have frequent travels domestically and/or internationally.