Huawei is a leading global ICT solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world's population.
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (public authority, regulators, external counsel, customers etc.), creating relations of trust and dealing with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces.
- Identify and analyse the company’s exposure to legal risks arising from transaction and/or operation, give accurate and timely counsel to relevant department in various legal topics and related areas (public procurement, industrial legislation and policies, transaction risk control, ICT compliance, corporate financing, etc.).
- Draft, review, negotiate and provide legal opinions on agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights.
- Collaborate with management and/or other departments to devise efficient defense strategies, research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues.
- Contact with external solicitors / lawyers to take legal advice on areas relevant to the company from appropriate legal contacts.
- Maintain and distribute updated knowledge of alterations in legislation and policies in the industry or other areas regarding the business.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Minimum of Six (6) years proven experience as a legal counsel in business environment and in-depth understanding of how legal issues and legislation/policies affect organisations/ foreign-owned enterprise.
- Qualified to practice law in Nigeria, with a strong academic background and recognised experience in a law firm;
- Self-starter and with ability to work collaboratively with other staff in legal and other departments.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage time effectively, and willingness to work outside normal working hours including weekends and evenings if essential or emergency
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Proficiency in office software, and capable of independently designing PowerPoint.
- Based in Abuja/Lagos, Nigeria and can have frequent travels domestically and/or internationally.