The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation, is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy above.
- Provide legal advice to Assistance and Support Departments concerning contracts as well as other legal queries
- Assist Legal Department in ensuring that all ICRC staff are familiar with the international legal framework applicable in Nigeria
- Conduct research and analysis on specific legal matters to support the Legal Advisors and operations, as needed
- Assists the Head of the Legal Department in carrying out comprehensive reporting of external activities, meetings, record keeping, and internal communication
- Maintains and expands a strong network amongst governmental authorities (MFA, FMoI, FMoJ, MoD, etc.) and other organisations (civil society organisations, NBA, etc.)
- Assists with trainings/workshops with relevant authorities on topics related to ICRC activities
- Degree in Law
- Called to the Nigerian Bar an asset
- Studied international law with a strong understanding of international humanitarian, human rights and criminal law
- 3-5 years relevant work experience, preferably in international humanitarian law, international human rights law, and Nigerian criminal law
- Excellent spoken and written English; passive understanding of French as asset
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Computer literacy (competency in Microsoft Office and legal research databases)
- Understanding of the work and role of the ICRC in Nigeria
- Relevant work experience in international organisations and Nigerian organisations (e.g. civil society organisations, law firm)
- Proven research and analytical skills; able to think critically and articulate legal arguments in a structured and professional manner
- Very strong organizational skills
- Passionate, motivated and pro-active
- Able to work closely and constructively with others
- Very responsible and reliable; able to manage files independently
- In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.