WorleyParsons has had a presence in Africa since the 1970's when Parsons E&C established their offices in Cairo, Egypt. Since that time the company has continued to spread across the continent and in 2003, a joint venture was established in Lagos, Nigeria to form DeltaAfrik Engineering Limited. Over the past five years, WorleyParsons has executed more than 100 projects in over 15 countries. In 2003 a joint venture was established in Lagos, Nigeria to form DeltaAfrik Engineering Ltd. Worley Parsons has the skills and technologies to address all challenges, from small brownfield services contracts to mega greenfield projects. Our service capability covers the entire asset lifecycle: from identifying the opportunity to the operating phase.
Job ID: LAG004C
- Be able to write specifications that meet the specific needs of a project.
- Participate actively in technical review and HAZOP/Constructability meetings.
- Must report project progress accurately, when on projects as senior discipline engineer.
- Very conversant with design Codes and Standards and be able to apply them in design and specification writing. (API, ASME, ANSI, NFPA, AWS, etc)
- Must have two or more special skill/knowledge-based areas in Mechanical designs and engineering. Also, should be conversant with static and rotating equipment design
- Prepare reliable CTRs (man-hour) and budget estimates for proposals and tenders.
- Engaged in inter-discipline Squad check of design deliverables and be able to manage discipline interfaces
- Assist project management group in providing relevant discipline inputs to Project's Design & Execution Plan, Schedule, Cost Estimating, Progress Measurement & Reporting, etc)
- Perform supervisory role and be accountable to the mechanical lead engineer for the work and activities of junior engineer(s) working directly with him.
- Initiates and/or reviews change order requests for additions, deletions, or changes to the original scope of work.
Job Specific Knowledge
- Working knowledge of the latest applicable engineering codes and standards, design practices and design quality standards.
- Proficient experience in the Offshore/Onshore orientated Oil and Gas environment
- Sound knowledge of Piping drawing and office produced deliverables
Industry Specific Experience
- Related work experience, including supervisory experience.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering or related field
- Professional Engineer registration with active membership in a professional society is required